Author Topic: Promotion!  (Read 2789 times)

Zoe

• Bristles
Promotion!
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »
I got the promotion! It comes with a 6% pay raise and more hours (it's part time, but I will be working close to full time hours, for a while at least).

There were 10 people who applied initially. Half of those dropped out. The rest of us had to put together a supplemental application packet. I spent HOURS working on it, making sure the wording was what I wanted, and making it look professional.  I have been there 3 years and 1 month, another candidate has been there about 2.5 years but he was a manager there previously (left the company and came back a few years ago), another has been there almost 3 years, another has been there 11 years, and the last one has been there 6 months.
The interview was tough! I really thought I didn't do well on the majority of the interview, but my manager said otherwise.

I am excited, but nervous. I know a good bit of the job already but there's going to be a lot of pressure from many different angles. It's a stressful position (we deal with loading cargo onto airplanes) and they also have never had a female supervisor. It will be me and 3 other supervisors. I have a good rapport with all 3, so there won't be any problems there. They have all been extremely supportive of me throughout my time there. They also gave me written recommendations to give to the interview panel. It was a good touch ;)

DocCyane

• Bristles
  • Keep going. You're doing just fine.
Re: Promotion!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »
Yay for you! That's excellent news. You are a winner on your way up, so way to go.

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
Awesome, congratulations! Sounds like you beat out a lot of qualified people so you must have really impressed them.

aj_yooper

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
They chose well!    Congratulations.

Zoe

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
Thanks everyone! 2.5 weeks in and I am overloaded with new information. It's all good though. I have a huge notebook to keep all my notes together.

SunshineGirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
Congratulations!