Author Topic: Picked up Weber from kerbside collection and sold it for $100  (Read 1562 times)

PDM

• Pencil Stache
Picked up Weber from kerbside collection and sold it for $100
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:58:46 AM »
Australian here so apologies if the words don't make sense. It is kerbside collection week in our suburb and I was out walking the dogs and saw a Weber gas BBQ -Q220 on someone's pile of rubbish. Kerbside collection is a once a year thing where the council picks up large garbage items and on the weekend before everyone puts heaps of junk out.

Cleaned it up, tested it (rusty grill, broken igniter) but otherwise fine. Combined it with an LPG swap and go bottle (also collected from the street). Listed it on our equivalent of Craigslist. Sold it in 20 minutes.

Also picked up a solid but ugly pine chest of drawers we'll paint and use for a spare room.

Kerbside collection is the most wonderful time of the year.

Roadsidetreasurehunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Picked up Weber from kerbside collection and sold it for $100
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 07:23:26 PM »
Good job, I love stories like this.  I also found a weber charcoal grill several months ago curbside.  I cleaned it up and kept it. 

stashgrower

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »
Nice work, glad it got back into circulation.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:47:37 PM »
My neighborhood has bulk pick up every month! You should see some of the stuff these people throw out instead of selling or even donating. I keep my eyes peeled for useful stuff, but we have people who drive through with pick ups picking up what they can. Glad you saved it from going to the dump, kudos.