Author Topic: One sheet to rule them all...  (Read 102103 times)

letstalkaboutdune

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: One sheet to rule them all...
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »
Thank you for this awesome spreadsheet! Starting in January should keep things nice and clean for me. I did make a couple of edits, like removing the Invest sheet (already tracked through Fidelity and Personal Capital), and automatically pulling the monthly Income and Expenses data into the NW tab. Finally, since my discretionary and excess expenses will change each month, I grouped the non-standard categories into a row called "Other" in the FI tab, and that is calculated with whatever's left after the standard categories.

px4shooter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »
Thanks for the sheet!!

Awesome calculations, but I am stuck. I still have 3 properties with mortgages. I cannot see how to calculate the other sheets into the main page. I duplicated the mortgage page and set them up, but just having calculation issues.

Any excel tips on this type of setup?

rosipov

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2018, 12:09:28 PM »
I'm a few years late to the party, but I started using the sheet a few months ago and I love it! Quick question though, where does tax refund come into the picture? Is there somewhere I can keep track of it?

wienerdog

• Bristles
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2018, 08:49:32 AM »
I just put it in one of the 6 different income entries on the month it comes in.  IE right below you paycheck.  It will get added into income and then calculated into you saving rate as I am sure you are investing it all right????

rosipov

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »
Oh, I should have probably thought of that - thank you! That makes perfect sense, I just put those as positive State Tax/Federal Tax item in the paystub section. And yes, I invest all of it :)

Now I just can't wait until the end of the year to see what's my real savings rate now that the tax refund is counted!

VanteBoll

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error on FI tab (in the attachment)?

I've inserted values for each month and the mortgage tab, but that's it. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

PrairieBeardstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
I apologize if this has already been asked/answered elsewhere but: Has anyone turned this into a Ruby app or similar? And if so, a GitHub repo?

I know there are several software engineers here so I figured I'd ask before I went ahead and made this a side project (also, I'm not a great programmer, but good enough to create a self-hosted version of this).

wienerdog

• Bristles
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »
Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error on FI tab (in the attachment)?

I've inserted values for each month and the mortgage tab, but that's it. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

You need to fill out one row on the NW tab.  This is your "snapshot" in time at the end of each month that will stay with the sheet from year to year.  As you get more data in there the numbers will become more accurate.

IndyPendent

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
I apologize if this has already been asked/answered elsewhere but: Has anyone turned this into a Ruby app or similar? And if so, a GitHub repo?

I know there are several software engineers here so I figured I'd ask before I went ahead and made this a side project (also, I'm not a great programmer, but good enough to create a self-hosted version of this).

Interesting—whats your vision for the self-hosted version? Meaning, what would others get from it that they wouldn’t get now? Im curious what value you anticipate app-ifying it would create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrairieBeardstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »

Interesting—whats your vision for the self-hosted version? Meaning, what would others get from it that they wouldn’t get now? Im curious what value you anticipate app-ifying it would create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connecting to third party APIs used for the basic input functions: Mint, Investment brokers, etc. (I'm unsure if they have public APIs)

In effect, like Mint, but for FIRE.  In short, I'm lazy when it comes to trivial tasks and I like to automate them away.