Author Topic: new IPhone8 for $199 - Verizon, ATT, Sprint only  (Read 2994 times)

ontheway2

• Stubble
new IPhone8 for $199 - Verizon, ATT, Sprint only
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:38:42 AM »
Feel free to fact check me in case I have looked at anything wrong, but Walmart is offering a $400 gift card on IPhone 8, 8 plus, or X activations. With the 8 reduced to $599, it looks like you can get one for $199. This in their Black Friday circular spanning a few days.
You do have to get a device payment of $25 for 2 years (Verizon; I'm sure the others are similar), but you can pay it off whenever you want and keep the gift card.

Edit: I realize this isn't quite to "badass" standards, but I wasn't sure where else to post what seems to be a really good deal
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:50:44 AM by ontheway2 »

PatronWizard11

• Stubble
Re: new IPhone8 for $199 - Verizon, ATT, Sprint only
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »
2 year activation i assume?

ontheway2

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 07:38:36 AM »
They don't do contracts anymore, but you can't cut the line until the phone is paid off. That's 2 years with reg payments or you can pay the balance whenever you want. You are technically paying full price for the phone and just get a gift card bonus from Walmart

Nightwatchman9270

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
Word of caution:  Sometimes if you try to pay the phone off early, the $199 price becomes a $599 price.  So while, technically you can pay the phone off, you get penalized pretty severely for it.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »
They don't do contracts anymore, but you can't cut the line until the phone is paid off. That's 2 years with reg payments or you can pay the balance whenever you want. You are technically paying full price for the phone and just get a gift card bonus from Walmart
Do they unlock it for you, too?

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
I'm on the unlimited plan on Sprint (1 year for free) deal... Can I get this phone?  Or is this for new line activations only?

ontheway2

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »
Word of caution:  Sometimes if you try to pay the phone off early, the $199 price becomes a $599 price.  So while, technically you can pay the phone off, you get penalized pretty severely for it.

That is almost always true if you get a promo through the carrier; they credit you each month to reduce the price, and you lose remaining credits if you no longer have the payment.
With this deal, you are technically paying the carrier full price so you don't lose anything. You can keep the $400 gift card whether you keep the payments or not. I did a similar deal last year with a $300 gift card.

ontheway2

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 07:54:58 AM »
Do they unlock it for you, too?
I have heard all their post paid devices are unlocked, but you might want to verify that

ontheway2

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 07:56:20 AM »
I'm on the unlimited plan on Sprint (1 year for free) deal... Can I get this phone?  Or is this for new line activations only?

It's not for new lines, but you do have to get a device payment to get the gift card; you just don't have to keep the device payment. I'm not sure how Sprint's promo plan works though

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 09:18:07 AM »
Waited in line for 15 minutes, was the 10th person in line.  When I got up to the cashier, I asked for a iphone 8 for sprint.  He said "Oh we haven't carried sprint iPhones for nearly 6 years".

So then I asked for a Verizon phone, but they were all reserved.

:|

I guess they secretly saved me money.  My iphone 6S is working just fine!! 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!