Author Topic: McDonald's app--great deals  (Read 1295 times)

Pizzabrewer

• Bristles
McDonald's app--great deals
« on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:41 AM »
I saw this on Doctor of Credit the other day.  Downloaded the app, they are offering some crazy good deals. 

The best deal on there is $1 for pretty much any sandwich, every day.  I think that runs through September.

This must be pretty new because the person at the counter was surprised when I scanned the barcode on my phone and the price went from $5.19 to $1.00.  Not bad for a cheap lunch.

I'm not much of a McD's person but I don't mind an Egg McMuffin or a double fish filet sandwich.  The artisan grilled chicken is kinda bad but still, at a buck, it makes a cheap lunch on the go.

teltic

• Stubble
Re: McDonald's app--great deals
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »
Yup!  I've been using the McDonalds app for a while now (~2 years).  My lunches are $2.16.  This $1 deal has been the best I've seen.  It is valid 1 per day until 9/30.  You better believe I've been eating McDonalds every day since this started (July 1). haha

Today I ordered:
$1 quarter pounder with chesse (normally $4.99)

Separate order
$1 sausage burrito
coupon for free drink

I order through mobile app, so I don't have to interact with humans or get questioned why I'm doing 2 separate orders.

Tuesdays & Thursday usually have free drink coupons (seems like a newer coupon)
Fridays are free medium fries (always been here... for at least the last year)
Free 6 pc. chicken nuggets when your major sports team wins the day before (Utah = Utah Jazz, San Diego = San Diego Padres).

DreamFIRE

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 04:01:22 PM »
The artisan grilled chicken is kinda bad but still, at a buck, it makes a cheap lunch on the go.

I'm thinking the grilled chicken is the only sandwich I will eat from McDonald's.  Haven't had one for a couple years.  It would be worth a buck for sure.

Orin!

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »
Has anyone seen the movie supersize me? Itís about a guy who only ate McDonalds for thirty days. I will never touch McDonalds again. You can watch it for free if you have amazon prime with amazon video.

dreadmoose

• Stubble
  • Just starting out..
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »
They had $1 Big Mac's all of January in Canada, I ate one every chance I could find to get over there. 520 calories for $1 beats any meal I could make.

And for the Supersize Me crowd you can try and rebuttal the faux documentary with this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head

Eat in moderation and you'll do fine, always supersize and crush the largest things you can including desert and it doesn't matter where you eat.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:15:45 PM by dreadmoose »
Just starting on my FIRE journey, hopefully posting here creates accountability and eventually lowers my very anti-mustachian life habits.

Pizzabrewer

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
Has anyone seen the movie supersize me? Itís about a guy who only ate McDonalds for thirty days. I will never touch McDonalds again. You can watch it for free if you have amazon prime with amazon video.

Yup.  Saw it.  Doesn't apply here unless you're planning to eat every meal at McD's and order the worst possible thing every time. 

And trust me, I'm no McDonald's fan.  But $1 per sandwich, carefully chosen, isn't going to harm anyone.

Pizzabrewer

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »
The artisan grilled chicken is kinda bad but still, at a buck, it makes a cheap lunch on the go.

I'm thinking the grilled chicken is the only sandwich I will eat from McDonald's.  Haven't had one for a couple years.  It would be worth a buck for sure.

It's not terrible but it's certainly not great.  But, like you said, for a buck it falls squarely on the frugal and worthwhile side of the equation.

Another Reader

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:23:34 PM »
Just downloaded the app, filled out the information, and went to McDonald's.  Worked like a charm.  Straight to the pick up counter and 30 seconds later, I was walking out the door with my sandwich.  The chicken in the sandwich has a chemical taste but the bun and the lettuce and tomato were fine.  The dressing is too sweet for me.  For a dollar?  I "might" order another, but maybe I will try something else next time.  And if you have to eat right now, it's a great way of getting food into your stomach quickly.  Bonus:  I won't have to use store bought napkins for a few days, as the bag was stuffed with napkins.

Thanks for the tip!

Car Jack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »
You do know that everything at McDonalds is made from the same stuff, right?  They just put it in different molds.  Hamburg, mold 1.  Fries, mold 2.  Milkshake, right in cup.  All the same.

MilesTeg

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:32 PM »
I don't understand. Dogfood is already cheap, why do I need an app for that?

Rcc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »
Wow. Thanks for that. I had been using the app to skip lines etc... I didnít pay any attention to the deals.

And agreed with ďeat in moderationĒ and maybe skip the fries

PizzaSteve

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
Word.

That eating habit may have a negtive NPV as you spend on heathcare, dental, new upsized clothes, need for a personal trainer to cut the carb pounds.

Still, there may occasionally be reasonable items you can get cheaper, so thanks for the tip.
All posts are opinions of the author subject to independent verification by the reader.  No representations of fact are asserted regarding commercial products or services.

beekayworld

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 04:07:23 PM »

He loaded the dice for that experiment. He always got the full meal, including beverages of soft drinks or milk shakes (sweet drinks don't register as calories with the body) AND he supersized it if the employee asked.  He forced himself to eat and drink the entire meal, whether he was hungry or not. And he quit exercising during the month.

Another Reader

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 07:28:43 PM »
McDonald's is not something to eat daily.  The least adulterated item on the menu is the Egg McMuffin.  When I'm traveling with no access to a kitchen, it makes a decent breakfast.  I don't think their McCafe drinks are any worse than the Starbucks drinks.  Both are made with a lot of artificial flavorings.  For two bucks for the small, it's half or less of the price at Starbucks, for something equally unhealthy.

Gatzbie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 08:11:59 AM »
Too bad the mobile app checkout feature gives me errors. Still can scan them scan the barcode when you get there. Really good deals. Their fish fillet sandwich is pretty good!

soccerluvof4

• Magnum Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 05:23:46 AM »
Thanks for the app tip. We did a road trip this weekend and everyone (5 of us) used the app and made one stop. First time I have gone to Mc D's and spent under 10 bucks for 5 people!
" In life you don't get what you deserve you get what you negotiate"

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 07:54:01 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head

Come off it. Maybe do some research before you spew nonsense.

GreenEggs

• Bristles
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »
I doubt I can download the app on my old Blackberry.  :(
Wishing I had multiple personalities...because this one keeps getting me into trouble!  ;)