Author Topic: Just sold my truck for $3600 more than Carmax's offer  (Read 2094 times)

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
Just sold my truck for $3600 more than Carmax's offer
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
I decided to sell my fun, fast, vastly impractical Lightning truck a couple of months ago.  I sold my wife's Lexus to Carmax earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by their offer, so I took the truck over there.  I was surprised.. just not pleasantly. :-)

To be fair, it had some minor cosmetic issues and, being a modified hot rod, was not really their cup of tea. 

I spent the past few weeks getting some minor paint and upholstery work done, and sold it on Craigslist for $3600 more than the Carmax offer.  I'm happy, and I pedaled away from the credit union on a bike.  Now it's beer time.  :-)

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
Re: Just sold my truck for $3600 more than Carmax's offer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
Congratulations!

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »
Badass!

Miss it yet ? :)

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:07 PM »
Badass!

Miss it yet ? :)
You know, mostly I feel relieved.  I liked the truck, it was fun, but I felt like I didn't want to beat on it and I worried about messing up the paint, engine issues, etc.

I have a project Buick Grand National almost ready to run; that will satisfy my speed need soon enough.  And, it's cheap,paid for, and should be faster than the truck. 

:-)

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
Awesome, congrats! 

I did the same thing back in August-took my 2007 Subaru Outback to CarMax, got a super low offer, and then sold it for $4k more myself.  I think CarMax gives great offers for super mint cars, but otherwise they're really low!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!