Author Topic: Instant Cure for Distraction and Procrastination  (Read 2955 times)

Unionville

• Pencil Stache
Instant Cure for Distraction and Procrastination
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »
The one thing FI gave me, is time to reflect on my life.   Do I want to watch good movies, play on the computer, or explore life more deeply? After almost being killed on my bicycle at a stop sign when a head-on car collision slide by my bike by 1 foot away--  I put this sign on my desk.  It helps me keep important life goals in mind when I get distracted by stupid things that don't matter.  I just look up and read it.

moof

• Pencil Stache
Re: Instant Cure for Distraction and Procrastination
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
Nice sentiment, however the corollary is "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my self."

I don't want brushing my teeth to be the last thing I do before I die, or doing laundry, or a host of other chores.  Life gets pretty sucky if you've spent the last few years doing no long term planning and maintenance.

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
Desk at home: Good Idea
Desk at work: Bad Idea
If I have less than a few years to live I want to spend them at home with my family, or on one last hike. I don't want to spend them earning more money.  I'm not FI, but if I died social security survivor benefits and our Stache would make my family FI.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
It's going to take more than that to cure my distraction and...

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
It's going to take more than that to cure my distraction and...

Well I'm reading this at work...Kind of like that billboard on the highway telling you not to be a distracted driver.

A slow internet connection would be a great cure my procrastination if half my job didn't revolve around using the internet.

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:16:24 PM »
My instant cure for distraction and procrastination is to leave my phone in the car when I pull into work.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!