Author Topic: i posted my first youtube video  (Read 1128 times)

Cries

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
i posted my first youtube video
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:37:17 PM »
So I made a new years resolution that I would attempt to make at least a few youtube videos & ultimately see if I can make a channel that is mildly useful to people.  I had until June 30th to make the first video.

This past weekend, I forced myself to actually sit down and do it. 

Its not great, and im certainly nowhere near 100% happy with how it came out.  But I feel pretty good about 1) doing it; 2) learning the basics of video editing; 3) coming up with a topic that I care about & people might be able to benefit from.

I had a few ideas to start with, and decided that my trial videos would be only about extracting value from credit cards.  First one is about churning.  Im thinking future videos will be about other benefits/ways to abuse cards: disputes, purchase protection, warranties, small balance adjustments, etc 

Hopefully I can improve the next one by filming better.  All-in, I dont think it was terrible attempt for a nerdy finance guy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12i-Xf8jMY

Thanks to you guys for being a great source of personal finance knowledge.

Fru-Gal

• Handlebar Stache
Re: i posted my first youtube video
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 09:11:37 PM »
Nice! I predict you will do very well!

Cries

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: i posted my first youtube video
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:18:40 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  It took me a day after it was done just to force myself to post it. Finally figured if I didnt do it now, then I never would
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:28:07 PM by Cries »