1. Marry an engineer who needs a project to tinker with at all times.
2. Get quote for basic bathroom remodel. $25K. Agree with DH that this is highway robbery.
3. Suggest you do it yourselves -- after all, DH has mad skills, you are free grunt labor, and kids are old enough to help. Listen to grumbles and grumping. Agree that of course we're too busy.
4. Immediately get sick/injured/snowed in three weekends in a row. Spend the three most boring weekends of your married life, all in a row, curled up whimpering in your recliner, doing nothing but watching boring bad TV. Watch your DH about jump out of his skin from the sheer boredom of it all.
5. Wait for DH to say, "you know, I think I can do that bathroom myself." Tell him what a great idea that is and ask him when he wants to go to Lowe's.
Yeah, I only wish I could say I planned it that way. :-)