Author Topic: HOW I PAID OFF MY $115,000 3O YEAR MORTGAGE IN 23 MONTHS !!!!!  (Read 29186 times)

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
Re: HOW I PAID OFF MY $115,000 3O YEAR MORTGAGE IN 23 MONTHS !!!!!
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »
Thanks!

@ boarder LOL
@ nereo  thanks for clarifying. I knew there were differences, especially in term, but I didn't realize they were mostly "open".

Some Canadian mortgages only allow one pre-payment per year on the anniversary date. Those suck!

Mathematically the sooner the better but I too would not visit the bank every day with my pocket change. Twice a month should be more than enough.

I never made an online pre-payment less than $5K.

But, Hey, it sounds like it was some motivational game for Mr. Mark so good for him.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
Re: How I Paid Off My $115,000 3O Year Mortgage without YELLING!!!!
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
What did the bank workers say when you came in every day to pay down the mortgage?
When my Grandpa retired, he took his bank passbook every day and walked up to the bank to find out how much interest he had earned in his savings account.  The tellers there absolutely loved him and looked forward to his visits -- at least that's what they told us when they came to his funeral.  He had the same routine for the last 35 years of his life.  Buy a banana and stop in at the bank on his daily walk. 

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »
It was a multitude of things !!!! I sold massive stuff sitting around my house on OFFERUP which is like craigslist.
I sold massive credit card points from credit card churning for about $30,000 of the $115,000.
I returned massive pop bottles to the store for a nickel a piece.
I always check every vending machine coin slot as I walk by it.
I never buy coffee out and I always know who as all the free coffee out there.
I am always buying car parts for my carlot and the big name dealers have free coffee where I buy the parts.
The credit unions have free coffee. The banks have free coffee, the tire stores have free coffee.
I do intermittent fasting so I save by eating no breakfast.
I eat dandelion salad from dandelions in my backyard which are actually extremely healthy for you.
I drive a 1992 Geo Metro that I get about 68 MPG from it because I shut the engine off and coast a on of miles for free and I pump the tires up to 50 pounds of air and duct tape the grill shut.
My wife gives me all of her change after she purchase stuff at the store.
I always tuen off lights when not in use.
I take a shower as fast as I can to limit the natural gas being used.
ETC. ETC. ETC. !!!!!!
BASICALLY EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS TO KICK THE BANKSTERS OUT OF YOUR LIFE !!!!! LOL !!!!!
You should start your own blog, great story of re channeling money to a primary focus.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2016, 06:20:11 AM »
It was a multitude of things !!!! I sold massive stuff sitting around my house on OFFERUP which is like craigslist.
I sold massive credit card points from credit card churning for about $30,000 of the $115,000.
I am always buying car parts for my carlot and the big name dealers have free coffee where I buy the parts.
The credit unions have free coffee. The banks have free coffee, the tire stores have free coffee.
I eat dandelion salad from dandelions in my backyard which are actually extremely healthy for you.
I drive a 1992 Geo Metro that I get about 68 MPG from it because I shut the engine off and coast a on of miles for free and I pump the tires up to 50 pounds of air and duct tape the grill shut.
ETC. ETC. ETC. !!!!!!
BASICALLY EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS TO KICK THE BANKSTERS OUT OF YOUR LIFE !!!!! LOL !!!!!
You should start your own blog, great story of re channeling money to a primary focus.

+1, I think OP's enthusiasm would be pretty great on a blog.

Maybe try to grab massivepopbottles.com if it is available.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
Re: How I Paid Off My $115,000 3O Year Mortgage without YELLING!!!!
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »
What did the bank workers say when you came in every day to pay down the mortgage?
When my Grandpa retired, he took his bank passbook every day and walked up to the bank to find out how much interest he had earned in his savings account.  The tellers there absolutely loved him and looked forward to his visits -- at least that's what they told us when they came to his funeral.  He had the same routine for the last 35 years of his life.  Buy a banana and stop in at the bank on his daily walk.

If the bank tellers came to his funeral, it's a true story.

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
ETC. ETC. ETC. !!!!!!
I hate to say it Doug but you sound like you are a little or actually a lot crazy ,    in a weird way I wish that I had even 10% of the discipline and ambition that you have , I mean I couldn't even imagine going to the bank every day of the week.      I have a feeling that you will be the king mustachian someday and probably the wealthiest person on this site .       I wish you luck Doug

kc2006

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
Dude how many accounts are you going to make?

BTW, your preaching is flawed.  You mention rolling with no debt and how your investment homes are paid for when you buy them. But then talked about having four new homes to pay off.  So what is it?  You do all your investment props debt free or you have debt that you pay off quick?

Trollin

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2016, 10:05:02 PM »

BTW, your preaching is flawed.  You mention rolling with no debt and how your investment homes are paid for when you buy them. But then talked about having four new homes to pay off.  So what is it?  You do all your investment props debt free or you have debt that you pay off quick?

Trollin
I would try to learn from this Doug fellow .

Sounds like he has stellar discipline. 

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »

Trollin

More accounts, more better.  lol

Whatever 'Doug'

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
How does Kermit reach the pedals?

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »
Can a moderator please lock this thread so we don't have to see it constantly popping....I think it's run its course and it's not providing anything useful to the site.   

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
Can a moderator please lock this thread so we don't have to see it constantly popping....I think it's run its course and it's not providing anything useful to the site.
This tread has almost 11,000 views !  Yes please do lock this thread ,  it sounds way too amazing what this guy Doug did . I think that people shouldn't see it because it will keep them awake at night with jealousy , because they do not have the will power to break away from their consumer ways and plain get down down business .  I mean holy shit  !  Yes lock it and dont let anyone see how to make their lives better ! What a fucking idea ! You suggestion kicks ass ! Lock this bitch of a thread up ! NOW ! Lmfao !  My mother once told me that its lonely at the top ! Good Job Doug ! I really enjoyed your thread Doug  ,  and you inspired me to do the same thing with my house ! 

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
I'm hoping a mod will drop by and verify IPs are the same across these apparently duplicate accounts...

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Posting on this thread was a huge mistake... hey wait who are you?... no... are you Doug?... noo... ahhh!!

Doug is super amazing at killing mortgages!! You shouldn't be a Doug hater, but be following the amazing example of BEING IN NO DEBT !! I'm a TRUE BELIEVER OF DOUG !!

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
I'm hoping a mod will drop by and verify IPs are the same across these apparently duplicate accounts...
    I wish you luck  . I have a feeling that this Doug the "king of debt reduction" guy is an internet genius .  I bet that he knows way more than you think . I wouldn't assume that he is dumb when it come to what an IP address is. One more thing , I have a feeling if this Doug guy bothers you that you will have a hard time getting ahead in life because you are too wrapped up in the Dougie .

guitarman4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
Posting on this thread was a huge mistake... hey wait who are you?... no... are you Doug?... noo... ahhh!!

Doug is super amazing at killing mortgages!! You shouldn't be a Doug hater, but be following the amazing example of BEING IN NO DEBT !! I'm a TRUE BELIEVER OF DOUG !!
Hey the Doug guy private messaged me and he said that he has already knocked out another $11,000 in debt on the 2nd house since this story was published . This Doug guy kicks ass . I thin that I have a man crush on him .
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:31:52 PM by guitarman4 »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2016, 06:59:58 AM »
Bans issued.

Locking thread.

Thanks to those that clicked the "report to moderator" button!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.