Author Topic: Got rid of Facebook  (Read 24153 times)

DadJokes

• Stubble
Re: Got rid of Facebook
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »
I get quite a bit of utility out of Facebook. It's the only way I keep up with a few family members; I use it for a local board game group; and I get a lot of utility out of the ChooseFI groups (more so than here even). I definitely could benefit from deleting Imgur and Twitter though.

Severian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2019, 08:32:55 PM »
I get quite a bit of utility out of Facebook. It's the only way I keep up with a few family members; I use it for a local board game group; and I get a lot of utility out of the ChooseFI groups (more so than here even). I definitely could benefit from deleting Imgur and Twitter though.

That, I think, is precisely the problem with Facebook. I don't trust the site at all, but because so many people get utility from it I am almost forced to use it.

Glaggsy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2019, 02:17:02 AM »
I use it for some business needs a bit, write to my old friends sometimes but basically, try not to spend much time on this social media.

brandon1827

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2019, 02:20:44 PM »
I was on FB for a few years and it mostly just became a drain on some of my free time and the constant negativity started to bother me. The final straw was all the data breach issues they've had over the past couple of years. I finally deleted my account and keep up with a much smaller group of people via Instagram & Twitter. Much more relevant content as most FI/Frugal/RE personalities have a presence on one or the other. I don't miss FB at all and if there is anything going on that I need to know about, my wife will tell me.