Author Topic: Free Tees in work conferences  (Read 3361 times)

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
Free Tees in work conferences
« on: October 14, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »
Today went for a work conference event that had so many stalls and so many freebies to pick. My favorites are t shirts and picked close to 10 of them🙂. I didn’t knew conferences these days come up with so many worthy free items to grab. So happy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:06:28 PM by FamilyGuy »

moneypitfeeder

• Stubble
Re: Free Tees in work conferences
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »
Congrats, last job I had they gave out company tees sometimes and it was nice to be able to wear a comfy allowable shirt (normally business casual). My current job doesn't do conferences, but I'm mostly remote, so the comfy tee is just my norm now (I just have to buy them) :)

frugs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »
Today went for a work conference event that had so many stalls and so many freebies to pick. My favorites are t shirts and picked close to 10 of them🙂. I didn’t knew conferences these days come up with so many worthy free items to grab. So happy.

Just curious, where do you wear these shirts? Around the house? Fashion statement? I never know what to do with them because I don't want to be a walking advertisement. Any examples of what shirts your wear to where?

YttriumNitrate

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:36:52 AM »
Just curious, where do you wear these shirts? Around the house? Fashion statement? I never know what to do with them because I don't want to be a walking advertisement. Any examples of what shirts your wear to where?

During the work week I use them as undershirts, and around the house nights and weekends. Six months out of the year I'm also wearing a sweatshirt over them night/weekends so it really doesn't matter what they look like.

Then there are the three free corporate tshirts I wear at the gym.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:40:20 AM »
I've got tons of logo polos and t shirts.  I have no issue wearing shirts from prior companies anytime I'm not at work.  At work, I'll wear my present day company logo polo.

MyAlterEgoIsTaller

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44:21 AM »
Conferences are my main source of certain useful objects: umbrellas, water bottles, insulated coffee mugs, rubiks cubes, and tiny flashlights.  At conferences I have also fairly recently won an ipad, fitbit, an echo, and a bendy pirate toy.   On the other hand conference swag is also a major category of my clutter: I don't seem to take many t-shirts, but I've picked up far too many pens, notebooks, highlighters, stick-on cell phone wallets, 6-inch rulers, tote bags, and squeezy stress things.

tryingtosave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 01:29:15 PM »
haha, I too have too many conference swags. I usually skip the T-shirts cause I don't want to be walking advertisement for them. In the beginning I took them every time but now I am still wearing them around the house. But I do have way too many charging cables, usb power banks, flash lights, pens, notebooks, etc. I try to not take any whenever I go but somehow I always still end up with some stuff. Luckily my kids waste no time taking and playing with them so before I know it, they are all broken and into the trash.

My aunt worked at a hotel. The amount of swag they have left over from conferences are just crazy. Every few weeks she would have a few bags full of stuff.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:32:39 PM by tryingtosave »

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
Giggitty!

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
I try to avoid conference swag as most of it to me is not very useful and will just get thrown away. I hate when you go and they give you a logo-ed laptop bag that you know no one is going to use. I just see a giant waste!

I will say I love the recent trend in the past year or two where company swag is quality vacuum (double insulated? whatever they are) insulated cups. I've collected a set of unbreakable wine glasses, mixed drink classes, coffee cups, and water bottles.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 07:07:44 PM »
y'all go to some swanky conferences!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
I try to avoid conference swag as most of it to me is not very useful and will just get thrown away. I hate when you go and they give you a logo-ed laptop bag that you know no one is going to use. I just see a giant waste!

I refuse stuff that I've got no need for (stupid plastic toys, stickers, etc.).  But I've used every bag, cup, glass, and T-shirt I've ever received at a conference until it falls apart.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 08:51:30 AM »
Free t shirts, ball caps, bags  (one of the) bane of my existence.

“Here’s a free T. “

“ no thanks.”

“ but it’s FREE!”

“Um, no. But thanks.”

Quizzical look.

This is usually how these exchanges go. I will be attending 5 conferences this year, all for gardening and plant organizations. All of them will have the idiotic “ goodie bags” full of stupid shit I don’t want. The last time I attended one of these I reached into the bag, took out the conference program which was the one thing I wanted, and handed back  the bag and its crap.

And yet, somewhere in each conference I will be subjected to a “save the earth” message. Gosh, why don’t they save the earth by examining their own actions.