Author Topic: Fixed my 2008 honda odyssey fan issue via you tube for free  (Read 790 times)

nancy33

• Stubble
Fixed my 2008 honda odyssey fan issue via you tube for free
« on: September 21, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »
Im a 51 yr old female who failed to learn everything about auto repair that my dad tried so hard to teach me. My first thought was always to take car to the mechanic until i found this forum. Now i have fixed my AC twice    So the other day my fan wouldn't turn off when car was off.  Kept happening. Looked it up on youtube. Whacked the fan relay with a metal flashlight. It worked!!! How much would the mechanic have charged for that? Here i am not even knowing how to pop my hood open until last year!!!bonus ...I also learned how to connect and disconnect the battery!

Boofinator

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Fixed my 2008 honda odyssey fan issue via you tube for free
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:42:52 PM »
That's fantastic! One thing to add: when a relay sticks like that, it's usually a sign of the relay beginning to go bad. If it does it again in the near future, it might be worthwhile to buy a new one and replace (which shouldn't be all that much harder than whacking it).

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »
Very nice.

beer-man

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »
Yeah the van relay is a common issue on the odyssey.
 I hope you are changing the tranny oil periodically, it’s an easy DIY task and helps those vans tranny’s easily get to 200k.
 I did my first drain n fill@40k miles and now it has 110k without a hiccup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nancy33

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »
Oh my I watched the transmission fluid changing YouTube and I am not badass enough to do that myself!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!