Author Topic: Finally starting to grow my stache!  (Read 3063 times)

Master of None

• Bristles
Finally starting to grow my stache!
« on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »
I've been lurking around MMM for a few years now and I'm finally starting to see the stache come in. We had a lot of debt, $90K, when we started this journey 5 years ago but we continue to move in the right direction. Just wanted to celebrate today because we have been debt free, except for the mortgage, for 1 year and we have already maxed out our HSA for the year! Time to get to work on our IRAs! Thanks everyone for being excellent role models and inspiration!

jojoguy

• Bristles
Re: Finally starting to grow my stache!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
I've been lurking around MMM for a few years now and I'm finally starting to see the stache come in. We had a lot of debt, $90K, when we started this journey 5 years ago but we continue to move in the right direction. Just wanted to celebrate today because we have been debt free, except for the mortgage, for 1 year and we have already maxed out our HSA for the year! Time to get to work on our IRAs! Thanks everyone for being excellent role models and inspiration!

Way to go!

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »
Congrats!

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »
Rock on!  That's a great accomplishment! 

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
Keep up the good work!

Parizade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Happily FIREd
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »

Thank you for sharing this, it made me feel really happy for you and made my night.

triple7stash

• Stubble
    • Pension Prologue
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 04:27:16 PM »
Congrats!  I'm always happy for people that are able to get to $0 in debt.  Although having $xxx,xxx in the bank is a great accomplishment, I feel that moving from -$xx,xxx to $0 is much more mentally freeing.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 08:52:25 AM »

That is a MAJOR accomplishment - congrats!!!

JSMustachian

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 09:40:54 AM »
Now the really exiting part will be begin as you see your positive net worth accrue. Congrats!

cytvta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
Amazing. I have a similar story, and there is nothing like that freedom. Good luck as you move into the positive NW.

FIREby35

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 07:13:10 AM »
Being Debt free is a huge milestone. Congratulations. It only gets better! :)