Author Topic: eyebrow shaping! made $1470.00  (Read 2270 times)

scrubbyfish

eyebrow shaping! made $1470.00
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:53:28 PM »
My (almost) "final frontier" was eyebrows! I think this had landed in the "don't try this at home camp."

I finally got up the courage to DIY them. I think I just made $1400 :)
https://financialtipsforthebroke.com/2016/07/05/diy-eyebrows-get-paid-1470/

I think my final, final frontier will be maintenance on my car.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
Re: eyebrow shaping! made $1470.00
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 01:45:59 AM »
Isn't it amazing how much money we can save by doing this things at home? DIY is the best!

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »
I bought a pack of 'shapes' at Target for about $5.  Color in the shape, take everything else away with a tweezers, and then trim with a scissors.  Pretty fool proof.  I haven't been adventurous enough for wax yet, it does seem like you get a cleaner line that way though.

Shapes, also at Target:
https://www.amazon.com/e-l-f-Cosmetics-1722-Eyebrow-Stencil/dp/B00373FE76/

scrubbyfish

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
Thanks for that, druth!

I had originally been imagining using prewaxed strips, and felt I wouldn't be able to cut the correct shape freehand, so that's what had been putting me off DIY. 'Shapes' sounds like a great in-between option. I'm not sure if it would work on mine—I have weird brows that want me to leave the outer ends wider than the inner, which most estheticians and this kit don't seem to want—but I might well do an experiment with Shapes after I use up this box.

I'm just so excited to finally be saving the time and money on this! DIY also means I'm "allowed" to do it more often, which would be ideal to me.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!