I repaired the furnace this weekend with the help of Google and a multimeter. Wasn't firing up, no gas. Per info I found online, measured for voltage at the valve and found none. Per online info, that pointed to the control board.
As luck would have it, we had to replace the other furnace last year when the secondary heat exchanger failed. I gutted the old one for parts before they took it away, since both furnaces were the same brand and age. (Yes, we have two furnaces. Face punchy.) The control board I saved was the same as in the now - problematic furnace. Swapped over all the connections to the other board, and... It fired up and is running perfectly!
I was pretty pleased with that.