Author Topic: Bank account churning: how to make $1600 in a year by being organized  (Read 381829 times)

samirol

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Bank account churning: how to make $1600 in a year by being organized
« Reply #600 on: November 02, 2019, 01:52:49 PM »
Varo is also running a $100 referral bonus for the referrer and receiver, I can’t post it publicly because of the TOS. Only requires $200 DD and it pays out instantly. PM me if you want my link

Spitfire

• Bristles
« Reply #601 on: November 04, 2019, 11:04:50 AM »
I signed  up for SoFi Money and Sofi Invest too! The SoFi Money promotion gives you a $50 bonus for signing up using a referral link and gives the person giving the referral $100. The invest side is $50 and $50. There are no minimums or maintenance fees and only requires $100 to open so it is very easy to get other people to sign up! I've signed up 6 family members and friends in 2 days! I make $100 per person and they all make $50! If you want my referral code (I would appreciate it!) and you can start with your significant other and make some cash!

Just signed up with your link! Maybe we can do a pay it forward (or pay it pay it backwards?) thing in this thread and someone can use mine next. Really cool referral program.

https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2749329/

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #602 on: November 04, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
Waiting patiently for my Simple Bank $250 Savings Bonus so I can get my money they hell out of there.  Can't stand their interface.

samirol

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bbva-compass-200-checking-50-savings-bonus-nationwide-available-online-2/

BBVA $250 checking + savings bonus, no household restriction either, requires $500 direct deposit

This shows what will count as a direct deposit

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/#BBVA
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:00:35 PM by samirol »

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2019, 06:16:00 PM »
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bbva-compass-200-checking-50-savings-bonus-nationwide-available-online-2/

BBVA $250 checking + savings bonus, no household restriction either, requires $500 direct deposit

This shows what will count as a direct deposit

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/#BBVA

Going to grab this one this weekend, along with the Discover savings $200 bonus.

The Discover bonus requires $25,000 in deposits, but cumulative deposits work.  Even better, someone figured out recently that once you get your money in there, you can schedule to transfer it out, then cancel the transfer, and that counts as your money leaving and coming back.  So load $5,000, do the transfer/cancel thing four times and you are done.  Looks like they pay a day or two after meeting the requirements too.

Link to DoC post is here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-150200-bonus-1500020000-deposit-new-exp-103117/

samirol

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #605 on: November 09, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »
Sofi invest is now $100 when you put in $1000. This has a quick payout and can be immediately taken out

My referral link:
https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2683446

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #606 on: November 09, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
I signed  up for SoFi Money and Sofi Invest too! The SoFi Money promotion gives you a $50 bonus for signing up using a referral link and gives the person giving the referral $100. The invest side is $50 and $50. There are no minimums or maintenance fees and only requires $100 to open so it is very easy to get other people to sign up! I've signed up 6 family members and friends in 2 days! I make $100 per person and they all make $50! If you want my referral code (I would appreciate it!) and you can start with your significant other and make some cash!

Just signed up with your link! Maybe we can do a pay it forward (or pay it pay it backwards?) thing in this thread and someone can use mine next. Really cool referral program.

https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2749329/

I used your link, here is mine:
https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2758462/

brandonw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #607 on: November 12, 2019, 06:25:37 AM »
Has anyone closed their SoFi account yet?  Is there any way to do it other than calling?

aloevera

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #608 on: November 12, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »
Sofi invest is now $100 when you put in $1000. This has a quick payout and can be immediately taken out

My referral link:
https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2683446

I used this one because i missed Aunt Petunia's post.  Mine is https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2762581

brandonw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #609 on: November 12, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »
Called and closed wife’s SoFi account. They didn’t give me any issues, took a few minutes.

My referral link is on previous page
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:52:11 AM by brandonw »

looshi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Decade to Decadence
« Reply #610 on: November 12, 2019, 07:58:23 PM »
Has anyone been targeted for the $900 Chase offer?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/check-if-youre-targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/

Apparently, if you are targeted you can forward it to others. I'm looking to find someone who can forward it to me and will return the favor to others here.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #611 on: November 12, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
Simple Bank has posted my bonus.  Sweet... now time to move on.

zoochadookdook

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #612 on: November 13, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
Anyone know how long it takes to requalify for the chase standard checking/savings $600 bonus or whatnot after you close the accounts?

It's one of the best ones and although they've been my main card/account provider for years I'd like to get that one again.

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #613 on: November 13, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
It's either 1 year from closure or two years from open. I can't quite remember. It's simply stated in the termsconditions. There was just a targeted $900 Chase checking/savings offer out in the last few days. Sign into your Chase account and see if it's in the "Just for You" offers.

zoochadookdook

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #614 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:36 PM »
It's either 1 year from closure or two years from open. I can't quite remember. It's simply stated in the termsconditions. There was just a targeted $900 Chase checking/savings offer out in the last few days. Sign into your Chase account and see if it's in the "Just for You" offers.

Great! I've been logging in with my business credentials for years (personal are linked) so maybe it will show when I figure out what those credentials are!

I'm between like 5 accounts I'm eying right now on the side so happy to have found this!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #615 on: November 13, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »

Two years from open.  Cite:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-chase-checking-savings-bonus-restrictions-once-every-two-years/

trc4897

• Stubble
« Reply #616 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »
Used a link in this thread to open my SoFi Money and Invest accounts. Adding my links below in case anyone else is interested:
https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2751288/
https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2751288/

trc4897

• Stubble
« Reply #617 on: November 14, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »
I have recently signed up for the following account bonuses:
-SoFi Money ($50)
-Sofi Invest ($50)
-Chase Checking ($300)
-Key Bank Checking ($400)
-Huntington Bank Checking ($150)

That's $950 just from opening some new accounts this month, with only an hour or so of "work"!! Can't believe I haven't done this before. I'll try to find some others to capitalize on before the year is over.

Buffaloski Boris

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
Has anyone been targeted for the $900 Chase offer?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/check-if-youre-targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/

Apparently, if you are targeted you can forward it to others. I'm looking to find someone who can forward it to me and will return the favor to others here.

I haven’t been targeted for that one. Love to get the code.

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #619 on: November 19, 2019, 08:49:45 AM »
If you go to Doctor of Credit there is a comment thread where someone will email you a code. It will be unique for your email address. That's how I got mine. I'd send you one but I've got no clue how to send it.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #620 on: November 19, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
Chase no longer codes ACH as DD. Santander and Vanguard failed for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #621 on: November 19, 2019, 11:44:48 AM »

Discover savings worked for me earlier this year, but not for DH. I think because it was my name on the Discover account it coded as P2P on his. Mine coded as a DD.

aloevera

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #622 on: November 19, 2019, 11:53:01 AM »

Darn. I hoped Wealthfront or Venmo would work for that, both came in as ACH. Guess I need to give an Uber ride at some point.

I recently did SoFi (money and invest so $150 plus referrals), Fifth Third ($250) and Chase ($300).

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #623 on: November 20, 2019, 05:32:14 AM »
We just broke $5000 for the year from checking bonuses.  We have another $650 currently pending, but not sure how quickly these will pay out.

I am going to open two PNC accounts this week and try ACH transfers from Fidelity for the $5,000 direct deposit requirements.  Might try Discover as well, just in case.  Some of the data points on DoC are a bit dated for these.  I usually just use my employer DD, but hope to speed things up a bit.  Breaking $6000 for the year would be nice.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #624 on: November 20, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »
Data point : either Santander or Vanguard worked to trigger the bonus, despite coding as P2P ACH into Chase. Got my $300 today.

Cornel_Westside

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #625 on: November 20, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »
We just broke $5000 for the year from checking bonuses.  We have another $650 currently pending, but not sure how quickly these will pay out.

I am going to open two PNC accounts this week and try ACH transfers from Fidelity for the $5,000 direct deposit requirements.  Might try Discover as well, just in case.  Some of the data points on DoC are a bit dated for these.  I usually just use my employer DD, but hope to speed things up a bit.  Breaking $6000 for the year would be nice.
Wow. I looked at your old post with your history of all the bonuses you got and it's so many. Do you split up your paycheck into a bunch of different deposits each month to get all those bonuses? I've been just doing one after the other and it clearly isn't efficient compared to your methods. Or are there other ways of getting the bonus you use with ACH for moving money and seeming like direct deposits?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #626 on: November 20, 2019, 05:22:34 PM »

Wow. I looked at your old post with your history of all the bonuses you got and it's so many. Do you split up your paycheck into a bunch of different deposits each month to get all those bonuses? I've been just doing one after the other and it clearly isn't efficient compared to your methods. Or are there other ways of getting the bonus you use with ACH for moving money and seeming like direct deposits?

I can split my employer DD to go in up to ten accounts, and I sometimes get pretty close to that.  I have almost exclusively used real employer DD in the past, but there are tons of data points showing that ACH transfers can work for most banks.

Doctor of Credit maintains the list of data points here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/

r/churning also has a weekly Bank Bonus thread that sometimes offers additional data points.

Kayla

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #627 on: November 21, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »
I signed up for Sofi using a referral link from this thread. I did encounter an issue. Sofi asked for the username and password to my bank account. I felt a little leary about giving out this info, but found a way around it. Just click on the link for bank not listed, then it gives you the option of inputting your account number and routing id.

Here's my referral link for Sofi get $50 for depositing $100: https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2776262/

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2019, 06:31:42 AM »

Awesome! It's been a great year for me as well. Looking to be just shy of 6K in total. Figured I would slow down this year but I guess that didn't happen. Already have close to 1K that will post in 2020 provided I meet all the requirements. The business accounts have really helped. I got targeted for the $500 BofA business checking promotion. I've got until the end of the year to decide if I want to do the $750 Huntington Business checking again. A little leery since I have open and closed so many Huntington accounts over the last couple of years.

anonymouscow

• Stubble
« Reply #629 on: November 26, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »
https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2782913

I used the previous link to sign up, here is my referral link.

Calimerostache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2019, 05:06:54 PM »
Reporting that I just finished my churning for the year : $2,000
I Did:
2 chase account $600 each
1 citi: $400
1 Wells Fargo: $400

THis was really easy. I consider the hourly rate to be very good.. just need to have a little bit of EF to make the minimum requirement.
Have not done anything with CC so that might be the next move

Just to report that as i was trying to transfer out the money from chase back to my regular account, Chase locked my online account.
I had to go in branch to unlock my account. The agent was very nice and clearly understood what I was doing. (As he said: "as someone who likes to make money myself....)
He explained, that Chase put some controls on people who make large transfer within the first 180 days.
Not a big deal, but if you want to avoid having to go in branch, wait more than 180 days before you start reallocating your funds.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2019, 04:28:17 AM »
I second the Chase comment.  Their fraud department is miserable as a new account holder.

They were questioning me on "why are you making such a large transfer".   My response is "I'm an existing card holder and you sent me an offer requesting I deposit this amount of money".

My other bank has notoriously long hold times, the Chase rep also refused to wait on hold the first time.

Just know you're signing up for an hour or two of work

jojoguy

• Bristles
« Reply #632 on: December 09, 2019, 05:09:29 AM »
Hmmm....really starting to consider this action in the same routine of CC churning. I`m setting up a spreadsheet to get everything ready and about to pull our (long-term) emergency savings out to distribute to the smaller bank bonuses. It is a much higher and better return than 2% APY on a HYSA or CDs. The big bonuses don`t seem worth it(there are exceptions) when you can make equal or more amounts by doing multiple smaller bank bonuses at once most of the time for me.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #633 on: December 25, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
In 2019 I did:

Ally Bank: $1000 (for $100k deposit)
Arizona Federal Credit Union: $100
MidFirst Bank $300
Simple $250
Marcus $500 (for $50k deposit)
Bank of America $100
TCF Bank $200
E*Trade $200 (for $25k deposit)

Should pay out in 2020:
OneAZ Credit Union $500
Citi $400
Merrill Edge $500 for transfering an IRA

Fishing4FI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2019, 12:05:56 PM »
I'm finishing up a couple bonuses and curious which ones ya'll are currently working on?  Would you recommend?  If you have a referral link you can post that too.  Thx

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #635 on: January 01, 2020, 01:14:05 PM »
I am considering this bank account bonus:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ct-de-ma-mi-nh-nj-ny-oh-pa-ri-vt-citizens-600-checking-savings-bonus/

[CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT] Citizens Bank $600 Checking & Savings Bonus (Last Day)

Has anyone tried getting it? Would you recommend it?

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #636 on: January 01, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ct-de-ma-mi-nh-nj-ny-oh-pa-ri-vt-citizens-600-checking-savings-bonus/

[CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT] Citizens Bank $600 Checking & Savings Bonus (Last Day)

I just did this one last month. It was fairly easy and the bonus credited quickly. The account opening was a bit of a pain and ended up taking a couple days. I had to fax in a copy of my license. But other than that, it was pretty easy.

Fishing4FI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #637 on: January 03, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »
2019 was my first year doing this.  I concluded the year at $1500 which I'm pretty happy with overall.  I screwed up on a 5/3rd and missed a $200 bonus and my Wells Fargo $400 bonus just posted today so I'll count that as 2020.   

Currently I have a TD Bank $300 pending and I just opened a PNC account for $300 bonus next which should take a couple months.  For the record, I don't do anything crazy, I only use real W-2 DDs.

How'd everyone else do in 2019?

dizzy

• Stubble
« Reply #638 on: January 03, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »
I did really well last year.  $4463, although waiting on $1326 of that (lotta good bonuses in Q4)
I'm thinking to curb it a bit in early 2020 tho bc aiming to buy a house later.

bbates728

• Stubble
« Reply #639 on: January 03, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
Hi all! I am just beginning on this process and started with the Chase business account for $500. Hoping to get DW to do the same in the coming weeks.

That said, how do you all balance the reward for leaving money in an account vs what you would otherwise earn just having it in VTSAX or similar? What do you generally look for?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #640 on: January 03, 2020, 02:32:01 PM »
Hi all! I am just beginning on this process and started with the Chase business account for $500. Hoping to get DW to do the same in the coming weeks.

That said, how do you all balance the reward for leaving money in an account vs what you would otherwise earn just having it in VTSAX or similar? What do you generally look for?

I don't really look at it that way. But I bounced around 10-15K this year and earned around 6K in bank bonuses. I would say that is a pretty damn good return. This year I do intend on investing all my bonus money.

IsThisAGoodUsername

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #641 on: January 03, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »

I only hit bank account bonuses with my emergency fund (which would otherwise be sitting in Ally earning [checking the current rate...] 1.6%). Before going for a SUB, I calculate my effective interest rate on the endeavor:
(Net Bank Account Bonus Amount / Minimum Bank Account Balance) / (# of days required to keep the account open / 365)

Sometimes it's as low as 8 or 9%, but sometimes it's as high as 40-50% for an account sign up bonus. Why would I settle for 1.6% when I can get much much more?

Between bank bonuses and credit card rewards/bonuses (straight cashed out as I'm not interested in travelling), I netted about $6,400 for the year.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:33:28 PM by IsThisAGoodUsername »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #642 on: January 05, 2020, 09:50:59 AM »
The chase offer looks dope but it’s not in my account.  Anyone care to share?

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #643 on: January 06, 2020, 12:10:33 PM »
pretty easy $150, can cash everything out after about a week
copying the details from the thread on SlickDeals:
https://slickdeals.net/f/13601359-sofi-invest-100-bonus-after-1000-deposit-additional-25-bonus-available-for-optional-crypto-trade?v=1#

SoFi Invest - $100 bonus after $5000 deposit (additional $25 bonus available for optional crypto trade)
SoFi Invest (different from SoFi Money) has a bonus where they will give you $100 worth of your favorite stock to start building your portfolio when you fund your SoFi Invest account with at least $1,000. You can easily cash it out and withdraw the money after the bonus posts within 10 days. Many members are reporting seeing the bonus within 1-2 days :-)

Follow these steps to get the bonus:
[ol]
•Find a friend who is a SoFi member and ask them for their referral link to signup for SoFi invest.
•Choose your favorite stock (choose a stable stock like Microsoft if you want to cash out the $100 bonus right away)
•Transfer in $5,000 to your SoFi active investing accountthis triggers your free 'Stock Bit' (i.e. the $100 of free stock).
•You'll see the $100 of free stock (i.e. the Stock Bit) in your account "within ten days", although most SoFi members are reporting receiving the bonus after only 1-2 days :-) You can cash out immediately and pocket the bonus.

My personal experience: I've been doing banking bonuses for years and this was by far one of the easier deals I've done recently. My $100 posted within a couple days and my $25 crypto bonus was instant. Usually, we all have to wait 90 days when doing bank bonuses with the likes of Chase, Marcus, Capital One, etc. - this bonus was hassle-free in comparison to other banks (no calls to CSRs, etc.). The 10% ROI within a week is nice too....fast and easy.

(New members MUST be referred by a current member to receive the bonus. Do not sign up via their website or the link below). A friendly reminder that SD does not allow referrals of any kind, so please do not ask or offer any referrals in this thread guys.

https://www.sofi.com/invest/

Summary of current SoFi bonuses (need referral link from current member):
1. SoFi Invest ($100): transfer in $5,000 to your SoFi active investing account and get $100 in stock. This is stackable with the SoFi Money signup bonus.
2. SoFi Money ($75): get $75 after you fund your Money account with at least $1000. This is stackable with the SoFi Invest signup bonus.

Important note for those trying to stack bonuses: If you plan on signing up for both SoFi Money AND SoFi Invest bonuses, remember that you will need to click through their respective referral links individually before opening each product. You will not get the bonus if you create a SoFi Invest (or SoFi Money) account from your own account's dashboard - you need to click on a referral link for each individual product (i.e. SoFi Money and/or SoFi Invest) to get their respective bonuses, regardless of whether or not you are already a SoFi member.

I just setup the Invest acct took about 5min including the funding.

I'll post my referral links anyone can use:

https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2811074  (for Invest acct $100 bonus)

https://www.sofi.com/invite/money?gcp=7343178f-2bbb-4dae-a6ee-670d878e0e73 (for Money acct $75 bonus)

I just setup the Invest acct took about 5min including the funding.

I'll post my referral links anyone can use:
https://www.sofi.com/share/invest/2811074 (for Invest acct $100 bonus)

https://www.sofi.com/invite/money?gcp=7343178f-2bbb-4dae-a6ee-670d878e0e73
(for Money acct $75 bonus)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:51:22 PM by EliteZags »

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #644 on: January 08, 2020, 11:42:42 AM »
got my $100 bonus for Invest acct yesterday and cashed out pretty easy money, bought $10 in Ethereum and immediately got $25 in Bitcoin then sold both
waiting to link checking acct to fund Money acct for $75 bonus there
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:51:54 PM by EliteZags »

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2020, 02:39:02 PM »
My totals:
2019 $4575

Banks:2325 total
Wells Fargo   400
Discover Online Savings   200
Bank of the West   250
Chase Checking   300
Chase Checking (DH)   0-bonus did not work
BMO Harris   0-bonus did not work
Varo   75
Chime   50
Chime (DH)   100 (50 for him and 50 referral for me)
Salem Five   250
US Bank   300
Sofi   money 150 (50 signup and 2 referrals at 50 each)
Sofi money (DH)   50

Credit cards: total 2150
Chase Disney (DH) 200
Capital One Quicksilver (me) 150
Capital One Savor (DH) 500
Chase Ink Business Cash me 500 + 150 referral
Chase Ink Business Unlimited DH 500 + 150 referral

Other: 100
Coin Brokerage $50 each

2020 received so far

Sofi Invest me 100
Sofi Invest DH 200 (100 sign up and 100 referral)

Pending
TIAA Yield Pledge   250
BBVA Compass   250

Chase Ink Business Cash DH 500
Chase Ink Business Unlimited me 500

Strategies: I just use real direct deposits from my job. I lost out on 2 bonuses by using fake dd's when I could have just used real ones.  That's why most of the checking bonuses were for me only. For credit cards we take turns and look for ones with $500 bonus for $3000 spend. DH does the shopping so when it's my turn to be the cardholder I buy him gift cards to use. I also put our power bill, insurance, etc on whichever card we are working on. We don't do any true manufactured spending.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »

I just did this one last month. It was fairly easy and the bonus credited quickly. The account opening was a bit of a pain and ended up taking a couple days. I had to fax in a copy of my license. But other than that, it was pretty easy.

Thanks, I have signed up for this account.

Found another deal which looks pretty good
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/al-dc-fl-ga-in-ky-md-nc-nj-oh-pa-sc-tn-tx-va-wv-bbt-600-checking-bonus/

[AL, DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV] BB&T $600 Checking Bonus

Anybody tried it? Any comments?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #647 on: January 13, 2020, 06:14:23 AM »

Thanks, I have signed up for this account.

Found another deal which looks pretty good
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/al-dc-fl-ga-in-ky-md-nc-nj-oh-pa-sc-tn-tx-va-wv-bbt-600-checking-bonus/

[AL, DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV] BB&T $600 Checking Bonus

Anybody tried it? Any comments?

I completed a different BB&T bonus last year therefore I don't qualify, otherwise I might try it.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #648 on: January 14, 2020, 06:01:32 AM »
I'm waiting on buying a house before doing the Chase $600 one.

Does that even matter to wait? We could just move some of our emergency fund there so it's not like we need a huge amount of money tied up at Chase.

bearman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »
For the experienced bank acct churners here, if an offer allowed credit card use for initial funding, does that code as a charge with the issuer or a cash advance? Assuming it codes as a cash advance, what's the point of funding this way? (If it codes as an expense, obviously that's amazing...)