Author Topic: Bank account churning: how to make $1600 in a year by being organized  (Read 385391 times)

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Bank account churning: how to make $1600 in a year by being organized
« Reply #1150 on: March 31, 2023, 12:04:13 PM »
Great info @JenniferW 
Approximately how much do you earn per year churning back accounts?

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1151 on: March 31, 2023, 12:34:32 PM »
Great info @jnw 
Approximately how much do you earn per year churning back accounts?

Well this year, as of the past 45 days or so, I am lined up to get over $1400 so far for bank bonuses alone.  (Breakdown a few posts back in this thread.) And for the last post, stuff I'm considering now: that will add quite a bit more.  My goal is $5000 in income between bank, brokerage and credit card accounts this year.

Here is what I got the previous one year period; didn't do all that much last year.  I am new to this and really diving into it as of this year.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 05:35:39 PM by jnw »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1152 on: March 31, 2023, 09:29:09 PM »
I received a $325 for $1000 WF checking account flyer. The promo code was validated with email and zip but I was redirected to an error page telling me that I had to visit a branch. Meh, given the state of WF's systems, it needs to be $500 for me to visit a branch.

Has anyone had the recent WF promo codes work for them online?

I opened an account with WF a few months ago and met the requirements but haven't received the bonus yet.

Just got my $325 WF checking bonus. Looks like there's no early termination penalty but I'll leave it open a couple of weeks just to be safe before transferring everything out and closing it.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1153 on: April 02, 2023, 01:29:48 PM »
Question for the group?  Has anyone had to escalate an issue with Amex?  I keep hitting dead ends.

Background:   I got a Biz Platinum Card for the 150,000 point bonus + 15,000 minimum spend.   Shortly afterwards they solicited me for a Business Checking Account.   60,000 bonus points. 

Part of the solicitation was "Membership Points Can Be Combined.   Business Platinum Cardholders are eligible to redeem points for $0.01 per point for deposits into a Business Checking Account.

I went through the grueling signup process for the checking account and it was opened at the end of December.  Met all the requirements and the bonus paid out in mid march. 

The challenge is it's been 3+ months now and American Express still isn't showing my membership rewards combined or my ability to redeem points for $0.01.   It defaults to $0.008 and I can only redeem the 60,000 points earned for the checking, not the 165,000 other points.   The redemption options for the 165,000 points kind of stink relative to cash. 

Right now Amex has $2,250 I've earned held hostage and I can't figure out how to dislodge it.   I've called and chatted 5+ times each, usually being told 7-10 days or some comment about a ticket.  I annoyed them enough to get a letter saying they'll contact me when it's complete at the beginning of March.    I sent a detailed complaint letter about 10 days ago with no response. 

What do you think my next step should be?   Specifically mail the chief marketing officer?  Complain to the CFPB?    Any advice is appreciated.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1154 on: April 02, 2023, 05:34:11 PM »
I received a $325 for $1000 WF checking account flyer. The promo code was validated with email and zip but I was redirected to an error page telling me that I had to visit a branch. Meh, given the state of WF's systems, it needs to be $500 for me to visit a branch.

Has anyone had the recent WF promo codes work for them online?

I opened an account with WF a few months ago and met the requirements but haven't received the bonus yet.

Just got my $325 WF checking bonus. Looks like there's no early termination penalty but I'll leave it open a couple of weeks just to be safe before transferring everything out and closing it.

I'm in the waiting stage. Every push codes as a DD so there's no reason that I won't get it.

elysianfields

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1155 on: April 07, 2023, 09:21:24 AM »
PNC targeted me with a $500 checking account bonus, it just hit my account, ka-ching!  No early account closure penalty.

JupiterGreen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1156 on: April 07, 2023, 11:38:50 AM »
Most of these sign on bonuses require direct deposit. How are people managing this. Are you just splitting your paycheck between banks?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1157 on: April 07, 2023, 12:11:35 PM »
Most of these sign on bonuses require direct deposit. How are people managing this. Are you just splitting your paycheck between banks?

That's the best/easiest way probably.

Sometimes ACH pushes from other banks will work to trigger bonuses, but that is very often a YMMV situation.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1158 on: April 07, 2023, 12:27:41 PM »
For BoFA I am actually direct depositing my Social Security check.  For Chase Total Checking, I am doing an ACH push from another bank -- worked last time, if not I'll catch in early June with a direct deposit of Social Security check (already having met the requirement for the BofA account).  Alliant doesn't need direct deposit.. ACH pulls / pushes work fine.

I want to sign up for more personal checking accounts which will work with an ACH push -- will read the data points before I apply for them.  I mentioned the ones I am interested in above, but I haven't yet done anything about it yet.  Just taking a little break from all this busy work lol.

Thinking though I should take a break from the personal and go with business checking and business credit cards.  Business checking doesn't report or pull from Chex Systems I guess.  And most Business Credit doesn't mess with utilization or credit age on personal report -- only affect hard inquiries I guess.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 12:30:52 PM by jnw »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1159 on: April 07, 2023, 05:15:30 PM »

Yep. I control payroll for my company, so it takes about 30 seconds to enter new routing and account information. I can split it up in any way I like so I just send enough to the new account to trigger the requirement without having to worry about not depositing enough money in my normal checking account for regular bills.

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1160 on: April 08, 2023, 05:08:25 AM »
I'm self employed and never had a "real" direct deposit, but I still receive most of the bonuses I try for.
Doctor Of Credit is the source I use; they keep a database of banks and which transfers from other banks code as DD's.
Successful or not, I always add my experience to the database by commenting on the relevant DoC thread.
I generally do two options for each DD requirement; one from Bank (x) and one from Bank (y).

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1161 on: April 19, 2023, 05:25:35 PM »
So Chase is offering $300 for business checking sign up bonus.  I think I just have to deposit $2000 within 30 days and keep there for 60 days and do 5 qualifying transactions (deibit card purchase etc.).  I also believe I have to keep the account open 6 months? (Or is it a year) to keep the bonus.

https://www.chase.com/business/banking/checking/business-checking-offer/LY29296

Should I go for it now or wait? I just opened a Chase Total Checking (personal) account a few weeks ago and just got the $300 bonus for that for basically an ACH transfer from another bank for over $500.

I signed up for a lot of bank and brokerage bonuses the past couple months, so I dont know if it is too soon to try this business account.

I wanted to go with business accounts for a while to potentially give the Chex Systems a break with respect to all my personal accounts I just recently opened.

EDIT: I think to waive the monthly checking fee I'd just keep the average daily balance at $2000 or more.  I calculated that $2000 sitting in an interest free account for 6 months is a loss of around $50 or so at current interest rates.  The $300 sign up bonus more than makes up for this.   So $250 net profit on that $2000 tied up for 6 months -- i.e. 25% APR on that $2000 for 6 months.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:30:05 PM by jnw »

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1162 on: April 28, 2023, 12:08:26 PM »
@jnw It all depends on Chase.   The Know Your Customer due diligence required these days for business accounts can be brutal.   $300 usually isn't a big enough bonus for me to walk into a branch.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1163 on: April 28, 2023, 12:16:21 PM »
@jnw It all depends on Chase.   The Know Your Customer due diligence required these days for business accounts can be brutal.   $300 usually isn't a big enough bonus for me to walk into a branch.

Thanks for the reply.  Can you please elaborate on "The Know Your Customer due diligence required".  I am not sure what you mean.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1164 on: April 28, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »

I'm self employed and never had a "real" direct deposit, but I still receive most of the bonuses I try for.
Doctor Of Credit is the source I use; they keep a database of banks and which transfers from other banks code as DD's.
Successful or not, I always add my experience to the database by commenting on the relevant DoC thread.
I generally do two options for each DD requirement; one from Bank (x) and one from Bank (y).

How do you transfer money from other banks? Through ACH or Zelle or something else? If it's ACH, do you "push" the money from the other bank (by adding rounting and acct nbrs on the other banks website and sending the money from their website) or "pull" the money by the bank where you're getting a bonus?

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1165 on: April 28, 2023, 07:28:26 PM »

How do you transfer money from other banks? Through ACH or Zelle or something else? If it's ACH, do you "push" the money from the other bank (by adding rounting and acct nbrs on the other banks website and sending the money from their website) or "pull" the money by the bank where you're getting a bonus?

I do ACH push to simulate a direct deposit -- yeah adding the routing number and account number.  I've never heard of a direct deposit which gets pulled by the bank.  But I think I did fund my Alliant checking account via a pull from their side, because I don't think they required a DD if I recall.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1166 on: April 28, 2023, 07:58:49 PM »

I do ACH push to simulate a direct deposit -- yeah adding the routing number and account number.  I've never heard of a direct deposit which gets pulled by the bank.  But I think I did fund my Alliant checking account via a pull from their side, because I don't think they required a DD if I recall.

Does it matter if one of the accounts is a business account and the other is personal?

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1167 on: April 28, 2023, 08:06:43 PM »

Does it matter if one of the accounts is a business account and the other is personal?

I am not sure, I simulated a direct deposit to a new personal checking account via an ACH push using a personal checking account from another bank.  On the doctor of credit web site, for the particular checking account you are interested in churning, people share data points like what bank they used and amounts they ACH pushed etc. and whether or not it succeeded for failed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 08:09:10 PM by jnw »

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1168 on: April 29, 2023, 05:25:58 AM »

It depends. In my experience some banks don't care if it's a personal or business account and others do. I typically find out when I try to link the account and it errors out. So basically trial and error. My main personal bank I've been using for over 2 decades doesn't care if it's personal or business. I can push/pull to any bank.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 05:32:40 AM by MasterStache »

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1169 on: April 29, 2023, 07:39:31 AM »

Always push to the account from a hub or satellite account into the account you're trying to earn the bonus on.
Usually you have to wait for trial deposits; this takes a few days. One account will make two transfers under $1.00, you enter the amounts and then it's open for transfers.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1170 on: May 04, 2023, 09:49:41 PM »
Target RedCard deal is back.  $40 coupon for signing up for free.

You can do the deal twice for $80 discount.  You can use the promo code on the coupon for an online purchase of $40 in stuff (before sales tax and discounts).   And then when you go to pick up that stuff you can scan the physical coupon at the self checkout register for another $40 in stuff.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 09:52:09 PM by jnw »

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2023, 07:32:39 AM »
I got the Axos Brokerage "Promo Credit" today. (i.e. sign up bonus).  It wasn't the $250 as promised but only $200.  But a lot of people said they had problems getting the bonus at all.

Should I contact them about the $50 they didn't give me?  Or just be happy I got a bonus from them at all?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 07:34:49 AM by jnw »

AnotherEngineer

• Stubble
  • MMM reader since '11, forum stalker since '15
« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2023, 07:37:23 AM »
I got the Axos Brokerage "Promo Credit" today. (i.e. sign up bonus).  It wasn't the $250 as promised but only $200.  But a lot of people said they had problems getting the bonus at all.

Should I contact them about the $50 they didn't give me?  Or just be happy I got a bonus from them at all?

I would probably send them a secure message and then put my time towards getting higher bonuses from more reputable banks.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2023, 08:14:30 AM »

I would probably send them a secure message and then put my time towards getting higher bonuses from more reputable banks.

Thanks. I think I will send them a message.  Regarding $250, that is actually a good amount of money with respect to "higher bonuses", especially for a brokerage account. My absolute minimum is $100 -- e.g. Schwab & Fidelity. I see a lot under $100 and I don't bother with those. I'll gladly go for a $200+ bonus.  I've gotten a couple $300 checking bonuses recently.  Working on a $400 checking bonus now.  The Axos deal seemed good because all the money I transferred over there I immediately put into SGOV -- so it's secure and getting good dividends. Also, since it was a brokerage account, there is no ChexSystems hit -- nor hard pull.

My goal is to get an extra $5,000 this year between bank sign up bonuses & credit card bonuses.

EDIT: I just got an email from Plynk saying that I just earned my $100 recurring deposit match.   So $300 from the brokerages today :)   I had previously got $60 from Plynk, so this makes it $160 total, which is what I was expecting -- I didn't do the swag bucks deal with it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:58:28 AM by jnw »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2023, 10:17:35 AM »

I signed up for a new business bank account with Axos to get $200 but it was a big hassle. I think I have to have an average balance of $2,500 in the account but it's taken so long that at this point I'm worried it may not post. I'm on hold with tech support now because I can't even login to their online system. I may just close my account and write off the time I already spent.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1175 on: June 02, 2023, 10:25:33 AM »

I signed up for a new business bank account with Axos to get $200 but it was a big hassle. I think I have to have an average balance of $2,500 in the account but it's taken so long that at this point I'm worried it may not post. I'm on hold with tech support now because I can't even login to their online system. I may just close my account and write off the time I already spent.

I'll share my data points with you. PM'ing.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1176 on: June 02, 2023, 10:35:38 AM »
Has anyone done this deal? Moomoo stock/etf trading app. $150 sign up bonus
https://www.maximizingmoney.com/investing-promotions/moomoo/

Seems like it might be worth it since the money I transfer over there can be put into SGOV.  I am putting all my excess money into short term treasuries and money market anyways.

Not a huge bonus, but no ChexSystems inquiries and I imagine is a soft pull.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1177 on: June 02, 2023, 10:43:19 AM »

I'll share my data points with you. PM'ing.

I just got off the phone with tech support. The rep did say that I just need to have a balance of $2,500 for two consecutive months and the bonus will post in the 3rd month.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1178 on: June 02, 2023, 02:24:46 PM »
Still waiting on the WF bonus. I'm also looking at business accounts and started with US Bank's $500 for $5000.

As far as cards, I was denied by Chase because income:credit was too low (the perils of an ER budget). I immediately applied for the AmEx Cash Magnet with a $300 bonus.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1179 on: June 03, 2023, 09:17:59 AM »
So I'm doing the Moomoo brokerage deal, for around $320 in bonuses.  No ChexSystems and no hard pull.
$100 "cash reward" sign up bonus; $50 "cash reward" referral bonus; 15 x $3+ stocks ($45); $125 GOOG stock

https://www.maximizingmoney.com/investing-promotions/moomoo/

Here's what I have done and have planned:
6/3/2023 Created account w/ referral link and linked Chase Checking via Plaid
Planned:
6/6/2023 Transfer $5800 to Chase Checking from credit union checking account -- in the Moomoo sign up process, Plaid wouldn't link my CU account.
6/9/2023 Plaid transfer $5800  from Chase Checking to Moomoo
6/12/2023 Purchase 58 shares of SGOV
8/15/2023 Sell all 15 shares of misc $3+ stocks just awarded -- been over 60 days
8/15/2023 Sell the free share of GOOG for $125 or so
8/15/2023 Buy 1 share of SGOV
8/31/2023 Sell 59 shares of SGOV -- sell at max stock value, so it's a capital gain and not a potential wash sale.
9/5/2023 Buy $1000+ order of stock applying the $150 "cash reward" bonus  -- $100 sign up and $50 referral.
Liquidate and close the account as soon as possible after reviewing the fine print.

$320 return on $5800 invested is 320/5800 = 5.52% in 3 months, or 22.1% APR.  Plus around 4.75% or so APR on $5800 for 2 1/2 months (SGOV).  So altogether about a 26% APR on $5800 for 3 months.

EDIT: The minimum is $5000 to get the free GOOG stock.  But since I'll be getting the money in there a week late, and just in case they go by average daily balance, I decided to go with $5800.. maybe will do $5900 just to be safe.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 01:16:37 PM by jnw »

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1180 on: June 05, 2023, 09:55:54 AM »

I got the $250 brokerage bonus previously. I had enough moneyxtime in the bank brokerage but never got it.
Apparently the bonus was not applied when I opened the account (sounds bogus as I applied through a DoC link).
The CSR did say I could close the account and open a new one for the bonus, so I'm doing that now.
I've found when I am super nice and respectful on the phone they actually seem to try to help me, even when it's obvious I'm just churning bonuses.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1181 on: June 23, 2023, 05:27:03 AM »
    @jnw Is your Moomoo bonus still going according to plan?  Have you received the free stocks?  I just signed up yesterday under the current promotion and plan to refer my P2 in a few days.

The current promotion gets you the following if you sign up through a referral link and fund with $5000 for 60+ days:
    • 15 free stocks valued at $45 minimum
    • $100 cash reward
    • One free GOOG or TSLA stock, so roughly $123 (GOOG) or $264 (TSLA) currently
    • Bonus $50 for signing up with a referral link
    • Total: $318-$459 depending on which stock you get

The referrer also gets $100 I believe, so in two player mode you would net somewhere between $736-$1018, pretty solid return especially since you can invest the $5000 in SGOV the whole time and earn 5% on it.

The current promo goes through July 16, and it is recommended to open the referral link on a phone rather than a PC to get it to open and track properly.

If anyone wants to join with my link, it is here:https://invite-code.moomoo.com/share?code=TYHZAHWM&inviter=73658620&global_content=%7B%7D&channel=4&subchannel= [/list]
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 10:23:53 AM by kpd905 »

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
    « Reply #1182 on: June 23, 2023, 08:11:56 AM »
    I also did the moomoo promo a few days ago, here is my referral link for anyone interested:  https://j.moomoo.com/00yDP4
    It's a little goofy, honestly, but free stock and referral bonuses are available.
    I just got my free stocks but they won't be "unfrozen" until I reach the sixty day  date with my $5,000 transfer from my Discover savings account.
    According to moomoo the value of the stocks right now is $205, not including the $50 referral bonus I should get for signing up with a referral link from the DoC thread, and the possibility of a $200 referral bonus if someone signs up with the above link ($50 for the referred, $200 for me) and moves $5,000 to moomoo and holds it there for a minimum sixty days.
    Or the referred could only move $100 to moomoo and receive the $50 bonus and I would receive $100. To get the 15 free stocks you need to move $5,000 to moomoo (for sixty days).
    My potential player2 won't play in the churning game (mustachian people problem, lol).
    Also, I got one share of Google, not Tesla. It's random, you don't get to choose.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
    « Reply #1183 on: June 23, 2023, 09:47:18 AM »
    I did moomoo also.

Got 1 share of Google and 15 shares stocks worth $2-$3, and the $100 voucher. You have to make a trade of $1000 or more to redeem the $100 cash voucher. I just used SGOV. Presumably another voucher of $50 will show up for having been referred.

here's my referral: https://j.moomoo.com/00yEis

Also, you really need to sign up on a phone. A lot of people have had issues signing up on a PC.

15 free stocks valued at $45 minimum

There is no $45 minimum. Half of the ones they gave me were worth less than $3
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 10:16:12 AM by tj »

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
    « Reply #1184 on: June 23, 2023, 12:58:02 PM »
      @jnw Is your Moomoo bonus still going according to plan?  Have you received the free stocks?  I just signed up yesterday under the current promotion and plan to refer my P2 in a few days.

The current promotion gets you the following if you sign up through a referral link and fund with $5000 for 60+ days:
      • $100 cash reward

The referrer also gets $100 I believe, so in two player mode you would net somewhere between $736-$1018, pretty solid return especially since you can invest the $5000 in SGOV the whole time and earn 5% on it.

The current promo goes through July 16, and it is recommended to open the referral link on a phone rather than a PC to get it to open and track properly.

If anyone wants to join with my link, it is here: https://invite-code.moomoo.com/share?code=VF9JBDDM&inviter=73658620&global_content=%7B%7D&channel=4&subchannel=[/list]

Yeah it's mostly going according to plan. They only allow a max of $5000 plaid transfer in one month, so I didn't buy any shares of anything.  I'll add another $500 or so on the first and buy shares of money market and let it sit. Got my 16 shares.
      « Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:00:48 PM by jnw »

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
      « Reply #1185 on: June 23, 2023, 04:02:46 PM »
      Signed up for the following UMB checking account.  Was approved.  I sent over $125 (via a debit card) to fund the account (minimum is $100).  I have to get a DD in within 60 days, and setup my paycheck to auto deposit there.  $400 sign up bonus.
      [AZ, CO, IL, MO, NE, OK, KS, TX only]

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/az-co-il-mo-ne-ok-ks-tx-umb-bank-400-checking-bonus/
      https://www.profitablecontent.com/umb-bank-400-checking-bonus/

tj

• Handlebar Stache
      « Reply #1186 on: June 23, 2023, 06:32:29 PM »

• $100 cash reward

If anyone wants to join with my link, it is here: https://invite-code.moomoo.com/share?code=VF9JBDDM&inviter=73658620&global_content=%7B%7D&channel=4&subchannel=[/list]

Yeah it's mostly going according to plan. They only allow a max of $5000 plaid transfer in one month, so I didn't buy any shares of anything.  I'll add another $500 or so on the first and buy shares of money market and let it sit. Got my 16 shares.

You can't buy a money market. I don't think they offer mutual funds. SGOV is as close as you get, I think.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
        « Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 07:54:42 PM by jnw »

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1188 on: June 26, 2023, 08:43:34 PM »
        I didn't try the Sky One because of all the negative comments on DoC.
        So far on the moomoo offer I've received another $100 for buying $1000 of SGOV. As soon as the $100 posted I sold it and bought $1000 of SGOV again for another $50 bonus.
        I actually talked (potential!) P2 into using my referral to open the account with the $100 option, first time ever, so I should get another $100, I think.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
        « Reply #1189 on: June 26, 2023, 09:40:30 PM »
        This one has caught my eye:

Sky One Federal Credit Union
        $450 = $100 (savings) + $300 (checking) + $50 (referral)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpHt35N8wr4
        https://www.profitablecontent.com/sky-one-federal-cu-400-checking-savings-bonus/
        https://www.doctorofcredit.com/skyone-federal-credit-union-300-checking-100-savings-bonus-2/
        [National]

https://www.profitablecontent.com/sky-one-federal-cu-400-checking-savings-bonus/
        https://www.doctorofcredit.com/skyone-federal-credit-union-300-checking-100-savings-bonus-2/
        [National]
        LOL, I have had an account with them since I was a child, because my Dad was an Air Traffic Controller. I'm pissed at them right now for...reasons. I might try this just to even the score a bit. Thus far, I haven't ventured into this game, but this might be the impetus I need. Thanks!

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1190 on: June 27, 2023, 08:29:58 AM »
        For anyone else doing Moomoo, did your $100 and $50 coupons work right away?  I bought two $1100 lots of SGOV, but I can't see that the coupons were actually used.  I am thinking they may have been because they are now showing up as expired when I view them.  But they show that they expired yesterday, when my initial deposit finally posted today.

Edit:  I just received a notification that they were applied and will be added to my account in three trading days.  Would be nice if you could just see them applied when you place the order.  This notification came 10-15 minutes after the order in case anyone else gets paranoid like I did.

Also, I received $194 of stocks with the 15 stocks plus share of GOOG.  So should be $344 plus any referrals I can get from referring P2 and any others.
        « Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 08:43:45 AM by kpd905 »

tj

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1191 on: June 28, 2023, 06:57:53 AM »
        For anyone else doing Moomoo, did your $100 and $50 coupons work right away?  I bought two $1100 lots of SGOV, but I can't see that the coupons were actually used.  I am thinking they may have been because they are now showing up as expired when I view them.  But they show that they expired yesterday, when my initial deposit finally posted today.

Edit:  I just received a notification that they were applied and will be added to my account in three trading days.  Would be nice if you could just see them applied when you place the order.  This notification came 10-15 minutes after the order in case anyone else gets paranoid like I did.

Also, I received $194 of stocks with the 15 stocks plus share of GOOG.  So should be $344 plus any referrals I can get from referring P2 and any others.

There's a lag. The $100 pop up and deposit showed up first for me.

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1192 on: June 28, 2023, 09:27:49 AM »
        It takes a day or two for the moomoo coupons to show up in your account. I just got a notification on the second one, for $50, so I went and sold the SGOV.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1193 on: June 28, 2023, 09:30:00 AM »
        https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-ihg-premier-business-card-165000-offer/

Today is the last day to apply for this card if you want to get 165K points (this is not a referral link).

I applied yesterday and got approved even though I'm at 5/24. Someone else mentioned online that they got approved too with more than 5/24, so that's why i decided to give it a try. Got an "application pending" message, then called reconsideration and they said someone else was reviewing it and couldn't give me any details. Then a few minutes later, I received an email saying that im approved. I already have an IHG personal card a another personal card with Chase.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
        « Reply #1194 on: June 28, 2023, 10:13:30 AM »

Today is the last day to apply for this card if you want to get 165K points (this is not a referral link).

I applied yesterday and got approved even though I'm at 5/24. Someone else mentioned online that they got approved too with more than 5/24, so that's why i decided to give it a try. Got an "application pending" message, then called reconsideration and they said someone else was reviewing it and couldn't give me any details. Then a few minutes later, I received an email saying that im approved. I already have an IHG personal card a another personal card with Chase.

Applied and went to review. I'm 4/24 and have 3 business cards and 3 personal cards from Chase.

I'll probably have to recon to redistribute some of the available business credit.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1195 on: June 29, 2023, 04:15:04 PM »

[National]
        LOL, I have had an account with them since I was a child, because my Dad was an Air Traffic Controller. I'm pissed at them right now for...reasons. I might try this just to even the score a bit. Thus far, I haven't ventured into this game, but this might be the impetus I need. Thanks!

Welcome to the Dark $ide :)

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
        « Reply #1196 on: June 29, 2023, 04:37:26 PM »

Applied and went to review. I'm 4/24 and have 3 business cards and 3 personal cards from Chase.

I'll probably have to recon to redistribute some of the available business credit.

They wanted my Articles of Incorporation, I uploaded it, and my application was accepted. Thanks @Padonak!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
        « Reply #1197 on: July 04, 2023, 05:39:55 AM »
        The Moomoo referral has been extended, I believe, until the end of July for anyone for who still hasn't done it. Turning out to be a decent money maker with little effort.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1198 on: July 04, 2023, 07:36:17 AM »
        The Moomoo referral has been extended, I believe, until the end of July for anyone for who still hasn't done it. Turning out to be a decent money maker with little effort.

Yeah I'm liking it :)

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
        « Reply #1199 on: July 04, 2023, 10:26:50 AM »

I got the $250 brokerage bonus previously. I had enough moneyxtime in the bank brokerage but never got it.
        Apparently the bonus was not applied when I opened the account (sounds bogus as I applied through a DoC link).
        The CSR did say I could close the account and open a new one for the bonus, so I'm doing that now.
        I've found when I am super nice and respectful on the phone they actually seem to try to help me, even when it's obvious I'm just churning bonuses.
        I finally got around to trying the Axos $100 checking bonus again yesterday but it looks like the  promo ended June 30. I keep losing out on this stupid bank.
        I did sign up through a MyPoints link for 200,000 points ($200) which is tracking in the app, so that's a positive sign.