Author Topic: Property in Australia  (Read 57426 times)

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
Re: Property in Australia
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2018, 04:58:18 AM »
We just jumped into property... We bought our first family home and get the keys in a couple of weeks. The market in Perth really has worked in our favour to let us save a deposit much faster than the stagnant prices moved, no matter how many awkward articles my FIL sent us saying "buy now!!". FWIW we saw a lot of homes in very crap condition, and many where they'd been extremely superficially renovated so you couldn't see how crap their condition was. Finally settled on a solid 90's brick house that has barely been upgraded, because it was looked after. Looking forward to all the little surprises I'm sure we didn't know to look for and the stuff that breaks as soon as you move in :D

stashgrower

• Bristles
« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2018, 05:28:51 AM »
Congratulations!!

nnls

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »
We just jumped into property... We bought our first family home and get the keys in a couple of weeks. The market in Perth really has worked in our favour to let us save a deposit much faster than the stagnant prices moved, no matter how many awkward articles my FIL sent us saying "buy now!!". FWIW we saw a lot of homes in very crap condition, and many where they'd been extremely superficially renovated so you couldn't see how crap their condition was. Finally settled on a solid 90's brick house that has barely been upgraded, because it was looked after. Looking forward to all the little surprises I'm sure we didn't know to look for and the stuff that breaks as soon as you move in :D

Congratulations!

Hopefully no surprises in there