Author Topic: Mortgage Note Fund - Self Directed IRA  (Read 2327 times)

myamnesia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mortgage Note Fund - Self Directed IRA
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
I'm interested in investing in mortgage notes, however, don't feel comfortable jumping in straight away. I've been looking at investing in a fund instead, such as PPR. I think it might be better to invest through a self directed IRA to reduce taxes, however, I'm not sure about selling my IRA holdings given the current stock  market conditions. Does anyone have any experiences investing in these typs of funds and investing through self directed IRA's in general?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:43:58 PM by myamnesia »

InNJButTrying

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mortgage Note Fund - Self Directed IRA
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
I'm interested in investing in mortgage notes, however, don't feel comfortable jumping in straight away. I've been looking at investing in a fund instead, such as PPR. I think it might be better to invest through a self directed IRA to reduce taxes, however, I'm not sure about selling my IRA holdings given the current stock  market conditions. Does anyone have any experiences investing in these typs of funds and investing through self directed IRA's in general?

I just went to a distressed mortgage expo yesterday. Guys with 100 million dollar funds in mortgage notes spoke.  One of them said valuations are very high now and he could not find non crap inventory.   Another large investor i ate lunch with said note market is done. Like anything else you have to buy at right price and do your due diligence to check for liens and back taxes owed.  Any forclosure or workout should be done by an attorney.  You need a servicer to handle the payments to you, as there are lots of regulations and you need to outsource all that to somebody that knows what they are doing.

sammybiker

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »
What does this mean?  Any more background on his comment?

[/quote]
Another large investor i ate lunch with said note market is done.
[/quote]

InNJButTrying

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:24 AM »
It means notes bid up to overvaluation

tralfamadorian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:42:53 PM »
Another large investor i ate lunch with said note market is done.

+1

It's very easy to get private funding in the current market.  The cash is chasing the deals.