Author Topic: Anyone had experience with HomeUnion?  (Read 9180 times)

Waler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Anyone had experience with HomeUnion?
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:47:59 AM »
Hey all,
I've recently stumbled upon a service call HomeUnion, which is a turnkey real estate investment company.
They seem like a great way to test my feet in real estate, but I can't find any trustworthy review of them.
So... Has anybody here had any experience working with HomeUnion? How can I know if I can trust them with my money?
Thanks. :)

jnc

• Stubble
Re: Anyone had experience with HomeUnion?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:58:39 AM »
I haven't heard of them but a quick google search turned up a thread about them on Bigger Pockets: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/141558-home-union---homeunioncom-reviews

CashFlowDiaries

• Stubble
  • Follow me on my journey to Financial Freedom!
    • Cash Flow Diaries
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
i have actually heard bad things on them from other investors that have tried to purchase from them.  PM me or send me an email at cashflowdiaries @ gmail.com and ill give you more info and maybe i can recommend a legit turnkey company for you depending on what markets you are looking in.  I have dealt with over a dozen by now.

I am in the process of buying my 4th turnkey rental right now.   It will actually be my 6th investment property though.  I only turned to buying turnkeys because I got priced out of my local market.

JamesFranklin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
I first heard about HomeUnion when someone sent me this article in the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/realestate/smaller-housing-markets-lure-individual-investors.html?mcubz=3

I have been wanting to buy my first rental property and also live in NYC, and you need at least 80K down payment plus a big income ++++ to buy anything here (although I need to do more research in places like Flushing and Bronx).  Ive been considering Newark, NJ.  Anyway, this seemed interesting and actually I just singed up on the website to get more info.  However, it all makes me nervous for the reasons pointed out in other posts but also the fact that they make you invest way more than a typical down payment and one of the whole points of rental investing is as little money down as possible (as I understand it).  But I also feel like if I bought in NJ, how would I find a contractor, etc., even though I don't live far.  And I don't have big cash reserves.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what they say but also very leery and would like to know of other companies like this, if they are reliable.