Author Topic: Anybody thinking of selling Real Estate mid 2024?  (Read 3352 times)

FireOnTheMuffin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Anybody thinking of selling Real Estate mid 2024?
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2024, 04:43:27 PM »
@Dicey, lol thank you for being so charitable as to correct my typo of Californians in the quote of mine!

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2024, 06:23:19 PM »
I guess this is a thread about selling, but is it accurate that recommendations here usually trend towards sell vs continue renting?  Seems like everyone here is selling, especially the Californians, of which I am one.
Lol, that might be because there's nothing to buy. DH and I are considering the possibility of downsizing, so we are actively looking, but there is nothing out there.

We went to an Open House this weekend and met a young couple with an adorable baby. We started talking shop, and recommended a property they hadn't seen. Both DH and I thought, "Why don't we just sell them ours?", followed by, "And buy what?"

Wanna buy a townhouse (only one attached neighbor) in San Diego?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2024, 05:55:46 AM »
I guess this is a thread about selling, but is it accurate that recommendations here usually trend towards sell vs continue renting?  Seems like everyone here is selling, especially the Californians, of which I am one.
Lol, that might be because there's nothing to buy. DH and I are considering the possibility of downsizing, so we are actively looking, but there is nothing out there.

We went to an Open House this weekend and met a young couple with an adorable baby. We started talking shop, and recommended a property they hadn't seen. Both DH and I thought, "Why don't we just sell them ours?", followed by, "And buy what?"

Wanna buy a townhouse (only one attached neighbor) in San Diego?
As a SoCal native, I love San Diego! However, DH is a NorCal native.* We've become entrenched in our community and really want to keep a base here. We have rentals in Palm Desert, any of which we'd happily snowbird in.

It does give me an idea for the folks determined to FOSBO. Start going to Open Houses at similar homes and chatting up the other shoppers...

*It feels like there's a joke in there somewhere.  CA is so huge, North and South do feel like two different states.

@Dicey, lol thank you for being so charitable as to correct my typo of Californians in the quote of mine!
Sorry,  I couldn't help myself ;-)

SilentC

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2024, 10:08:49 AM »
I guess this is a thread about selling, but is it accurate that recommendations here usually trend towards sell vs continue renting?  Seems like everyone here is selling, especially the Californias, of which I am one.

It is interesting how the thinking has shifted.  It seems rational, itís now not really an option to get your equity out through refi which is a game changer, especially with the stock market ripping.  Nasdaq is a straight line up the last six months.  Hassle free returns of over 6% in credit are easily available. 

Also where is your place in SD Villanelle?  Price range?  SF?  Most likely will buy in CO but I donít understand values here, at least they sort of make sense in SoCal.