Author Topic: xfinity mobile  (Read 329 times)

blue_vett

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
xfinity mobile
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »
So its official after years of using Tracfone as our cell provider we finally found a company that has beat out them on price! Comcast just started their new cell phone service, and on a whim I decided to give it a test drive, the deal was offered to me as I am a current Comcast internet customer. I pay 65.00 a month for internet, speed of 50 mb. and with my service Comcast now offers unlimited talk and text for free. I jumped on their special at the time of 200.00 off any phone, they have a phone for 180.00. No I didn't make money on the deal, they sent me three shiny new phones for 3.00 each. ( one for me, one for my wife, and we decided on one for a home/ kids pick me up from soccer phone)  when they arrived I activated them (took five minutes) and they were up and running. now if you want data, they do have two plans for this $12.00 per gig shared or $45.00 unlimited per line. we don't use data in our house, instead we do our web surfing at home or when we have a free hotspot . with Xfinity internet they also have a ton of Xfinity hotspots that you can connect to for free.

with Tracfone we were paying 125.00 per year per line, that would get us 4500 min, 4500 test and 4.5 gig data per line (our phone were triple minutes phones) so that's 125.00 x 2lines = 250.00 / 12 months =$ 20.83 per month

With our new Comcast Xfinity wireless= 13.00 for taxes

savings of 93.96 per year!!! I know not a giant win but every win is a win! that's 93.96 a year closer to my retirement plan.

hankandtina

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: xfinity mobile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:46:51 AM »
I am actually looking into this same option, now.  Get rid of my AT&T plan I have had for years.  I live in a pretty dense suburban area (Minneapolis area), so there are many WiFi hotspots.  We are going to see if we can get by on a shared 1Gig data plan for two (2) people-- Just $12 + tax per month, or $6+ each.  Also paying $59 + tax for Comcast (Xfinity) Internet.

NOTE:  You must be a Comcast Internet customer in order to take advantage of this deal.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
Re: xfinity mobile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:33:05 AM »
We have that. It's working for us--and I despise Comcast, so it takes a lot for me to say the service is actually good.