Author Topic: Who else is listening to the Choose FI podcast? Can we discuss?  (Read 42108 times)

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
I've been listening to the Choose FI podcast since it started (http://www.choosefi.com/choosefi-radio-finance-podcast/) and have really mixed feelings about it.  I love that they put out new episodes frequently so there's always something for me to listen to, and the content seems solid.  I love their guests (most of whose blogs I follow separately) and I love keeping a steady stream of podcast content in my life to reinforce staying the course with my FIRE plans and frugal living. But I get a little bit of a used car salesman vibe from the way they approach the podcast -- they keep talking about how great their last podcast was, how awesome it is that they're putting out this content into the world, etc. -- I appreciate the positivity and enthusiasm, but it's a bit much.  And like some of the other personal finance podcasts I've started listening to but stopped (Radical Personal Finance comes to mind), there's a LOT of excess word use and redundancy, and a bit of a dude-bro vibe that I'm not very into.  And then I downloaded the ebook of one of the hosts, Jonathan Mendonsa (called "The Road Less Traveled: a Blueprint to Financial Independence"), and just thought it was pretty poorly done, so that turned me off more. 

On the other hand, I got a lot out of Travel Miles 101 (by the other co-host, Brad Barrett) so that makes me want to give Choose FI more of a chance.

Is anyone else struggling with a love-hate relationship with this podcast?  I'm really on the fence about whether to keep listening or not!   

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
Re: Who else is listening to the Choose FI podcast? Can we discuss?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
I've listened to many of their episodes, I've found it to be hit or miss, but occasionally get some value out of it.

Listening to Jeremy from GCC describe managing investment taxes and how to harvest gains/losses properly was excellent, as was the Millionaire educator.  So many finance pod cast episodes are entry level stuff, those two got into really complex tax management strategies where I had opportunity to improve.

Their intro music is terrible!!

fiStressRelief

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
Oh man this made me laugh as it is so dead on. I have a total love hate relationship with this podcast.

I think the content in general is great. I love that   I can go for a bike ride and get my FI fix for the day.  The GCC tax gain harvesting convo made that concept finally click in my head. 

Overall I am a fan but some of the redundancy and terminology drives me nuts.  I was thinking about relistening to some of the older ones with the wife and I just can't mentally prepare myself for that quite yet.

I think they cut 10 min off each episode by cutting down on telling me how totally cool, terrific, and powerful each idea is and how they are going to go high level and then unpack all this amazing content which will allow me to pull all these levers. Absolutely, no doubt about it.

I genuinely think if they can clean it up they'd stay on my podcast list for sure. Someone make them a word cloud!

JustDave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »
I like it, but sometimes it feels like the podcast is just them talking about what they want the podcast to be. That was OK for the first few shows, but at 20+ shows in it's getting old. Overall I like it and will keep listening though. They are positive and have good energy and seem to click with each other.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »
I want to play a drinking game for every time they say "truthfully or honestly"...as if the rest of the time they aren't being truthful or honest?

ND

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:26 PM »
ETFs are safer than mutual funds when you're doing a same-day step-up in basis for capital gains harvesting, right?  That would leave you less open to swings in the market while your money is withdrawn.

Also, if you were planning to move from a state like New Hampshire or Tennessee (which taxes interest/dividends) into a state with no state income tax, it seems like it would be a good idea to hold off on the capital gains harvesting until you've attained resident status in the new state, right?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:23:55 PM by ND »

garth

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »
I've been listening and enjoying but agree with the criticism posted here. I do wish the one guy would stop saying "ya'll" so frequently. Nothing against it normally, but I find it makes him sound...dumb. Maybe it's the lack of a southern accent.

I noticed one of them mentioned fake news a few times last week, which has me worried they're going to get political/ideological. I think that would be a real bummer. The political talk turned me off RPF and to some extent Dough Roller and Stacking Benjamins.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 04:08:03 AM »
ETFs are safer than mutual funds when you're doing a same-day step-up in basis for capital gains harvesting, right?  That would leave you less open to swings in the market while your money is withdrawn.

Also, if you were planning to move from a state like New Hampshire or Tennessee (which taxes interest/dividends) into a state with no state income tax, it seems like it would be a good idea to hold off on the capital gains harvesting until you've attained resident status in the new state, right?

He was referring to federal income taxes only - the rules vary so much from state to state.  I'm in a state with no income taxes today, but 3 of the 4 on my retirement list will hit me for 6-8% at my post retirement level.

StudentEngineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »
I agree with the sentiments expressed above.  I appreciate their enthusiasm for the subject but there is a fair bit of fluff in the episodes.  I get the most value out of their podcast when they bring on guests who go deep - loved GCC and the millionaire educator.

Mustachio Bashio

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
I'm a podcast junkie, but haven't added any FI podcasts to my rotation.  Besides this one, which seems a little iffy minus a few select episodes, are there others people would recommend?

sultee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
I agree with the love hate relationship, but you have to remember it is a podcast. Podcasts aren't a great source for educational content in general. Just go into with an open mind and remember that you can only get so much useful information from a podcast!

Nate R

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
I agree with a lot of it here. I haven't quite pulled the plug on them and unsubscribed, but I'm having a hard time getting through some of the episodes, and it IS too much fluff and I'm not walking away with anything new!

hunt2eat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »
I want to like them and they have good guests, but it is a challenge for me.  I agree with the criticisms others have posted, and I'll add mine.  Its like listening to NPR or PBS during a pledge drive or a late night infomercial.  If you only do this or write an itunes review (I don't have itunes, enough already!), we are doing this for you, you too can feed a child for a $1 a day, etc.  Almost a begging tone then they discuss something and its informative, then back to pledge drive tone and back again.  That's when I skip ahead.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »
...cool, terrific, and powerful each idea is and how they are going to go high level and then unpack all this amazing content which will allow me to pull all these levers. Absolutely, no doubt about it...

Yes, this is the show in a nutshell.  I remember listening to an episode where there was no actual content other than the catchphrases quoted above and how great their last show was.

It's staying in the podcast rotation because there are not enough other podcasts re: FI out there.  As soon as there any worthy ones, this will be bumped off.

I do enjoy their enthusiasm though.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »
I do enjoy this podcast, I agree with the previous comments, less 'were so great fluff' more content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
About to go mow my grass and listen to the next episode.

I think they're genuine and have good intentions, presentation style seems to be improving over time too

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
In the mid-April episodes so I don't have the full picture yet.

I haven't checked out their website too much yet, but it seems like their forte is bringing other FI personalities/bloggers on and discussing individual situations and their path to FI/FIRE.  You can hear about different strategies/hacks, shortfalls, etc. from people in the FIRE community.  When it's just them talking about a topic...outside of the travel hacking episode I didn't get much out of it.  They do have this, "WOW look at all this great content we're putting out there!!" vibe.  Maybe it wears off, maybe it doesn't.  I assume they want this to make them money and they don't have Blue Apron ads every ten minutes, so they've got to do it in other ways.

That said, a podcast is just a verbal regurgitation of other ideas that have most likely been written about several times over on websites/blogs.  We all know the secrets to FIRE - spend rate, taking advantage of tax vehicles like 401k, 457, 403, IRAs, HSA, etc., travel hacking, etc. etc.  So some of the more detailed episodes I've really appreciated - the details on travel hacking, Coach Carson's path to house hacking, some of the college hacking they've discussed, tax hacking with Root of Good & Mad Fientist, etc. because those are areas I have not spent a lot of thought on yet.

I saw another forum post here on their stages of FI so I'll be interested to catch up and listen to that episode.

DeskJockey2028

• Pencil Stache
  • Aiming for 2028
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 08:27:45 AM »
I enjoy the podcast myself but also get a little tired of unpacking totally revolutionary ideas that allow YOU to control YOUR financial FUTURE. We get it, that's why where listening! :)

Still, I have a long commute so I digest a lot of podcasts and it's good to have the choice of listening to some new stuff twice a week. They have some great guests and it's one more way for me to absorb the information. Having said that though, I wouldn't suggest that someone not already on the FIRE bandwagon start their journey with this podcast. It's just a bit to self referential and over the top enthusiastic and ever so slightly cult-like.

birdman2003

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 08:30:25 AM »
i will give it a go

kenaces

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
I just loaded up phone with this and listen to 2 episodes and yeah they talk WAY too much about the podcast imo.  I would much rather have them just do a content pack 30m podcast than listen to the extra ramblings for full hour.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
SO POWERFUL

SUPER HIGH LEVEL STUFF

Some of the favorite phrases.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »
Out of the rotation. My commute allows 90 minutes of podcast at 1.5x, and I found myself consistently pushing this to the bottom of the playlist every time it came up.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »
OP here. For better or worse I've mostly kept listening to this...I just only do the ones with blogger guests.  I agree with pretty much all of the above comments.  Hopefully they're reading this thread and will take some of this stuff to heart and improve.;-). Mostly I've been treating this podcast as a way to surround myself with FI related content, to keep myself motivated and to keep out more mainstream/ consumerist/ spendypants content. And to learn about new blogs. We'll see if things get any better!

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »
Who else listens at 2x speed? I think maybe faster listening makes some of the things mentioned here less annoying... it is a bit repetitive, but it's still over in ~30 minutes.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 07:47:20 AM »
I just started listening and I've gotten through about five episodes. I hadn't noticed what everyone has mentioned, but of course now it's all I notice! :/

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
Someone started a thread on the ChooseFI Facebook group about having a drinking game when certain phrases are said like 'life changing' etc

arowback

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 05:27:42 AM »
Being relatively new to FI myself I'm really enjoying the podcast and enjoy the enthusiasm they have. I've been binge listening from the first episode last week and am currently on the mid April episodes.

saveORspend

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
I feel like there is a lot of potential with ChooseFI but they are starting to get repetitive, I find myself picking and choosing more often than not from the feed. Generally I don't mind the quests, the interviews are usually pretty well executed but I feel like they are starting to position themselves as authorities on FI and it isn't working well.

garth

• Stubble
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »
Great guest on today's episode.

StudentEngineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 08:56:17 AM »
OP here. For better or worse I've mostly kept listening to this...I just only do the ones with blogger guests.  I agree with pretty much all of the above comments.  Hopefully they're reading this thread and will take some of this stuff to heart and improve.;-). Mostly I've been treating this podcast as a way to surround myself with FI related content, to keep myself motivated and to keep out more mainstream/ consumerist/ spendypants content. And to learn about new blogs. We'll see if things get any better!

Same for me, I've become super picky on which episodes I listen to.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
They do go a little overboard with the corporate lingo.  Like I mentioned, I've heard almost no ads - perhaps some of the products/services they mention are paying them to name-drop.  I'm sure they get some kickbacks on the sites they share/endorse - like all the credit card referrals and such.

They are doing a great job of introducing me to some other blogs/podcasts that I may follow up on in the future.  A little ego-stroking when they come across as the godfathers of the FI community.

All in all, a pretty solid podcast.  They dive into many areas, so some may be applicable to you, some may not.  Even if you're on the path to FIRE, it can be helpful to reinforce some of the choices you've made.  I'm still in the May or June episodes - don't understand their hatred for biking unless Richmond just isn't a bikable city?  At least they're honest about their situations, what they're willing to do in the pursuit of FI and what they're not, as well as some of their mistakes along the way.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »
I've been fairly impressed at how little they've tried to monetize this.

Brad already lives off investments plus his Travel Miles 101 and Richmond Savers website.  The only thing Choose FI has it the same travel rewards referral setup. 

I'm enjoying the podcast, its a "not as hardcore" version of mustachianism.  Interviews are awesome.

mmmfan500

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 06:53:40 PM »
Ditto what has been said many times about the "love-hate" relationship. For me it is the exorbitant amount of time spent talking up FI that gets annoying. It seems like they are trying to sell me on a religion. The show would probably still sound the same if you inserted a religion (Christianity, Islam, etc) every time they say the word "FI."

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:56 PM »
I've been enjoying the last couple of episodes more. I think you just need to gloss over the 'this idea could become another pillar of fi' sort of comments

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 02:15:30 AM »
That's disappointing.

I'd heard mixed things about this podcast already, but more good than bad, but hadn't listened yet, but the feedback in this thread is pretty rough on them.  Too bad.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
That's disappointing.

I'd heard mixed things about this podcast already, but more good than bad, but hadn't listened yet, but the feedback in this thread is pretty rough on them.  Too bad.

I'd still give it a shot.  Maybe their style is suited for you, maybe it isn't.  I'd at least give the first few a chance.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
Still not quite caught up to current episodes, but I actually like it more now that I'm spacing it out as opposed to binging it almost every day.  I like that the two of them don't have the exact same viewpoint to get to FI/RE.  They are covering everything - and I do mean nearly everything - when it comes to bringing your FI date into view - housing, cars (they are a little anti-biking but perhaps that's just because of where they live and/or they're bringing in enough money via their side hustles that biking isn't necessary or plausible), travel hacking, college hacking, etc. etc.

They've brought on in my estimation, an all-star lineup of FI bloggers/guests (is MMM the only one who hasn't been on?) to get different viewpoints and expertise.  They're interacting with the audience via e-mails, voicemails, and case studies.  It's been very helpful for me as I can get away with listening to podcasts at work but reading up on everything they've covered would take me quite a bit of time.  The show notes are helpful when I want to follow up on things they've mentioned (sites, books, etc.).

It's become one of my 2-3 weekly go-to podcasts.  Like I said, I probably went overboard trying to listen to 3-4 episodes a day.  I've cut back and slowly am making my way to their current episodes.  So perhaps some of my nitpicking before was just because I heard their voices so often throughout a day.

I get they aren't going to please everyone all the time (no one can), and that's ok.  I think the podcast is a great resource for checking your FI plan (we can always be improving) and they may introduce you to some folks you haven't heard of before.  I haven't listened to a ton of FI/RE podcasts to compare, but ChooseFI has been killing it in my estimation.

czr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
It's tough to listen to weekly but they did have some great guests. One of the hosts are FI and the other is close to FI so there is that perspective and one has a good radio voice and the other doesn't so there is that. Besides playing board games with his kid, I'm not sure what else Brad does on his free time and wish he'd tout more tangible benefits of being FI.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »
I'm not sure what else Brad does on his free time and wish he'd tout more tangible benefits of being FI.

He does talk about going to lunch with his daughter once a week.  I'm sure he's racked up a bunch of miles (he mentioned maybe a million or close to it?) with his travel sites and affiliate links so he may travel alone or with his family.  Mentioned he joined CrossFit this summer so I'm sure he's working out a bunch as well.

Gotta factor in doing grocery shopping at off-peak hours, talking walks, etc. etc.  I'm sure he's not bored day to day.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »
My understanding (I haven't listened to the podcast, just aware of his story) is that Brad spends his time on his money making ventures. He's not ER'd, and his "FI" depends on those things. He's an entrepreneur.

Why speculate though, why not just contact him if you have questions?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
My understanding (I haven't listened to the podcast, just aware of his story) is that Brad spends his time on his money making ventures. He's not ER'd, and his "FI" depends on those things. He's an entrepreneur.

Why speculate though, why not just contact him if you have questions?

You could argue he is ER'd and working on side hustles, but that's just semantics.  He's certainly not working a corporate 8-5 job.

But yes, +1 on the suggestion.  E-mail him and see if he'll respond (he actually did respond to me personally when I contacted them through ChooseFI's website).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 03:43:17 PM »
You could argue he is ER'd and working on side hustles, but that's just semantics.

I don't know about his personal stache, so this may be the case. I believe he is dependent on the income though.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
You could argue he is ER'd and working on side hustles, but that's just semantics.

I don't know about his personal stache, so this may be the case. I believe he is dependent on the income though.

I believe they've said one is basically at FI and one is working on getting there.  Because Jonathan got rid of student debt recently and mentions he still has a regular corporate job, I assume he is the one "working towards FI" and Brad is basically at FI.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »

I believe they've said one is basically at FI and one is working on getting there.  Because Jonathan got rid of student debt recently and mentions he still has a regular corporate job, I assume he is the one "working towards FI" and Brad is basically at FI.

Like I said, I believe Brad is dependent on his income. He's not FI from any definition relating to "can live off invested funds" that I know of.

I could be wrong, of course.

But I have my guesses as to why he says that. It's easy to twist in one's own mind and justify something. Under his own personal definition of FI, I'm sure he's FI. Add that "basically" qualifier, and sure, done. It helps to have a host actually be FI, if you're going to be talking about it (and the other not, so your listeners feel like you can relate to them).

I know the travel hacking course made him lots of money, so maybe he's stached a ton in the last two years and hit FI. But from what I understood, he was years and years off, and transitioned into entrepreneurship from corporate accounting, and now makes many times his expenses in side-gigs, but is very dependent on that income (and continually working to make it flow) to live, and doesn't have the stache needed for FI.  Who knows though. Either way, it seems like he's doing what he wants, which is awesome. :)

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
^Ah.  I don't really know other than what's been stated on the podcast (or articles).  I took his "online businesses" to be more of a side gig now and that his wife's income (I think she does taxes during busy season and that's it) more than cover their expenses.  So I don't think they're withdrawing anything from their stash.

I guess it's a gray area - could he truly be FI and withdraw 4% (or other SWR) and live off that forever?  Can't really say without numbers and he doesn't have to disclose that.  I'm sure the passive income from the online sites + his wife working ~2 months out of the year covers what they need and allows their stash to grow, untouched.

Whether it's just a "hobby" or "side gig" - he's doing what he wants and on his own times.  He's the "aspiring minimalist" as well, while Jonathan is the "reluctant frugalist" who isn't at FI yet...so you hear these two viewpoints on the podcast which makes it better, imo.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »
I really like the information in the podcasts. I do feel that one of the hosts (I still can't tell them apart) likes to interject himself into the interviews. He asks a question, the interviewee answers and the he paraphases and asks a long winded question. I think he spends more time talking than the guest. But I still listen because I get "actionable tips" (one of their many catchphrases).

CloserToFree

• Bristles
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
I really like the information in the podcasts. I do feel that one of the hosts (I still can't tell them apart) likes to interject himself into the interviews. He asks a question, the interviewee answers and the he paraphases and asks a long winded question. I think he spends more time talking than the guest. But I still listen because I get "actionable tips" (one of their many catchphrases).

That would be Jonathan ;-)

Ok, I almost hate to admit it, but I do think the podcast is getting a lot better.  Arebelspy I'd love it if you listed to a couple recent episodes and then reported back. They've toned down the excessive proselytizing and are getting better about not being quite so verbose (still verbose, but not as bad as the early episodes).  I still want to facepunch Jonathan sometimes for his overexuberant unnecessary interjections and occasional used car salesman moments (Brad annoys me a lot less), but I'm tolerating them.  I do enjoy hearing from the guests and they've introduced me to some new bloggers so that's worth it to me.  Hoping they continue to improve...maybe they're reading this and taking some of our advice?

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 05:40:10 AM »
I'd have to agree on the podcast getting better...

I think they're both smart guys and you can tell they really enjoy this podcast,  I think that plus getting a 3500 follower facebook group has them honing their skills.  There was a "feedback" thread that was hilarious, discussing a drinking game every time they say "X".  I've noticed they've toned down some of the corporate lingo I get enough of at work

Done by Forty

• Stubble
    • Done by Forty
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 05:46:39 PM »
I love Brad, consider him a friend, and think it's great to have a couple new voices spreading the FIRE, as they say.

But I had to take it out of my listening rotation, for the reasons noted above. My wife clued me in on the problem when she walked into the room one day and said, "Aren't these two pleased with themselves..."

Anyway, there are some great guests and fantastic knowledge to be shared here. But I can only listen to so many podcasts regularly...

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »
I love Brad, consider him a friend, and think it's great to have a couple new voices spreading the FIRE, as they say.

But I had to take it out of my listening rotation, for the reasons noted above. My wife clued me in on the problem when she walked into the room one day and said, "Aren't these two pleased with themselves..."

Anyway, there are some great guests and fantastic knowledge to be shared here. But I can only listen to so many podcasts regularly...

Haha. I was just listening to the new episode today and one of them called himself and expert or something like that. They are definitely pleased with themselves.