Author Topic: Water filter  (Read 3531 times)

LoganRivera

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Water filter
« on: February 16, 2017, 02:51:29 AM »
Hello everyone,
 I am staying in a place where the water is contaminated. Till date, we have been using that water for all purposes. But now my kids are quite often becoming sick and their teeth are turning yellow. I think it is because of the fluoride content in water. So, I have decided to install a filter at my house. When I  went in search of it, I  came across lot many models of filters. From among the models, I liked T7 (B) - Water Solutions(http://www.bestbrandappliance.ca/en/catalog/product/262177-Strauss%20Water-T7-B) because I found it's specifications to be quite good. Has anyone used this model before?Which is the model that you are using? Shall I purchase it or do you have any other suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Water filter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
I would first find out what is contaminating your water. Then I would research filters to see which one filters out what. Many filters are only for taste and not for removing contaminates. I don't see any information on the one you linked that says what it is actually filtering.

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:48:02 AM »
It may be worthwhile seeing if you can get the water tested. Probably would be worth it even if you have to pay for it yourself. It would be more expensive getting a filter and finding out it doesn't filter out what needs to be filtered.

lthenderson

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:34 AM »
My local water municipality is required by law to give you test results once a year via mail. You can drop into the office and pick up a copy free of charge anytime. Much cheaper than paying to get it tested. Of course, if the OP is talking about well water, that isn't an option.

LoganRivera

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:19 PM »
Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
Hello Mustachians!
Sorry for retrieving this thread, but it has pretty many useful recommendations. We've recently moved to a house that uses well water instead of city water. N fluoride and chlorine. But iron... Ruined lots of whites and light colors by laundering them through iron-loaded water. Now they are rust colored. We need a whole-house water filter that will take out the iron. I read many reviews online. But maybe you have some specific recommendations on a particular whole house filtration system?
Make sure it's actually iron.  I had a rental house on well water and its water was full of sulfur that left stains.  Culligan recommended a sulfur filter (Super S) but when the guy came out to install he said the water pressure was too low for it to work properly, so the issue was never resolved.

zoltani

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
Hello Mustachians!
Sorry for retrieving this thread, but it has pretty many useful recommendations. We've recently moved to a house that uses well water instead of city water. N fluoride and chlorine. But iron... Ruined lots of whites and light colors by laundering them through iron-loaded water. Now they are rust colored. We need a whole-house water filter that will take out the iron. I read many reviews online. But maybe you have some specific recommendations on a particular whole house filtration system?

You likely have iron bacteria in your well. You should call a well company to come out and rehab the well (kill the iron bacteria). Of course, you want to make sure that is indeed what you have in your well first. Don't waste time on trying to filter out iron bacteria as the problem will persist in the well, eventually diminishing the well production.

ePalmtrees

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
Wow, that's crazy. I love my Berkey. It takes out everything, even flouride. It's not cheap but it's cheaper than bottled water and it's the best filter available I think. And it's so big you can fill up like gallons at a time and it comes out fast from the spout. And you don't have to think about it (refill it) often.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!