Author Topic: Vitamix blender?  (Read 51631 times)

Captain Cactus

• Pencil Stache
Re: Vitamix blender?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
Vitamix update:  I purchased one with a cash card I got for a sales contest at work.  It was on sale through Amazon ($299) on black friday.  I love it!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2018, 07:07:07 PM »
Vitamix update:  I purchased one with a cash card I got for a sales contest at work.  It was on sale through Amazon ($299) on black friday.  I love it!
I love that you love it. We can be smoothie twins. Or soup twins, or hummus twins.

simonkkkkk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
Sounds great!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Vitamix blender?
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2018, 06:50:31 AM »
There is a class action lawsuit in regard to the blade I think. If you have a Vitamix, you should be getting a postcard to choose whether you want a cash amount of $70 or a replacement blade. They say the blade sheds some black stuff that isn't a hazard to your health so it is your choice to get money or a blade replacement.

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
There is a class action lawsuit in regard to the blade I think. If you have a Vitamix, you should be getting a postcard to choose whether you want a cash amount of $70 or a replacement blade. They say the blade sheds some black stuff that isn't a hazard to your health so it is your choice to get money or a blade replacement.
There may be different settlement offers for different products. I think our offer was $25 in Vitamix products (not cash) or replacement blade (I haven't read myself yet, just what I recall DW telling me).

thedigitalone

• Stubble
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »
There may be different settlement offers for different products. I think our offer was $25 in Vitamix products (not cash) or replacement blade (I haven't read myself yet, just what I recall DW telling me).

This happened to ours!  The bearing went out while in use and filled the container with black gunk and smoke, what a mess.

I found the page to join the class-action: http://www.blendersettlement.com/

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »
Mine is $70 credit (or replacement blade) but just discovered it is for buying Vitamix products. Crap! I just looked at the website and there is nothing I want. Guess I will just go with the free replacement blades. Hahahaha, maybe I can sell them or the originals on ebay.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
We just got our Refurbished Vitamix yesterday.  It was the Amazon Prime deal of the Day...  $179

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »
We just got our Refurbished Vitamix yesterday.  It was the Amazon Prime deal of the Day...  $179

Nice score.  Only overpaid 150$!

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »

Nice score.  Only overpaid 150$!

Figured I'd bump this thread in memory of Sol

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2019, 04:52:41 AM »
I have a Vitamix and it is a really great machine. It is especially great if you are into grinding your own grains. Mine came with two blending jugs. One for normal stuff and one for grains. It came with a beautiful hard bound book with recipes. If you should overwork your machine (I did) and it needs 'a tune up' you can call Vitamix and they will help you with returning it for repair. Not sure if Ninja would fix their product or not. Something to consider. It is probably overpriced but so are many good quality things. You can sometimes catch a good sale at Costco or QVC.

Nightwatchman9270

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2019, 06:21:52 AM »
Bought a Ninja off CL for only $30 yesterday!  Only used once!  Score!