Author Topic: Vitamix blender?  (Read 24726 times)

Captain Cactus

• Stubble
Re: Vitamix blender?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
Vitamix update:  I purchased one with a cash card I got for a sales contest at work.  It was on sale through Amazon ($299) on black friday.  I love it!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2018, 07:07:07 PM »
Vitamix update:  I purchased one with a cash card I got for a sales contest at work.  It was on sale through Amazon ($299) on black friday.  I love it!
I love that you love it. We can be smoothie twins. Or soup twins, or hummus twins.

simonkkkkk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
Sounds great!

Roadrunner53

• Handlebar Stache
Vitamix blender?
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2018, 06:50:31 AM »
There is a class action lawsuit in regard to the blade I think. If you have a Vitamix, you should be getting a postcard to choose whether you want a cash amount of $70 or a replacement blade. They say the blade sheds some black stuff that isn't a hazard to your health so it is your choice to get money or a blade replacement.

robartsd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
There is a class action lawsuit in regard to the blade I think. If you have a Vitamix, you should be getting a postcard to choose whether you want a cash amount of $70 or a replacement blade. They say the blade sheds some black stuff that isn't a hazard to your health so it is your choice to get money or a blade replacement.
There may be different settlement offers for different products. I think our offer was $25 in Vitamix products (not cash) or replacement blade (I haven't read myself yet, just what I recall DW telling me).

thedigitalone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »
There may be different settlement offers for different products. I think our offer was $25 in Vitamix products (not cash) or replacement blade (I haven't read myself yet, just what I recall DW telling me).

This happened to ours!  The bearing went out while in use and filled the container with black gunk and smoke, what a mess.

I found the page to join the class-action: http://www.blendersettlement.com/

Roadrunner53

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »
Mine is $70 credit (or replacement blade) but just discovered it is for buying Vitamix products. Crap! I just looked at the website and there is nothing I want. Guess I will just go with the free replacement blades. Hahahaha, maybe I can sell them or the originals on ebay.