Author Topic: USAA Multi Product Discount  (Read 3331 times)

tj

• Handlebar Stache
USAA Multi Product Discount
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pcsavingscalculator/pcsavings

If you have an auto or home policy, you might want to play with the multi product savings calculator to see if you can obtain some low effort discounts on your insurance.

I'm assuming the savings are percentage based rather than dollar based, but for me, In Arizona, if, I add a $24 annual policy on "valuable personal property" (I have two guitars), it appears to generate discounts that are greater than $24 on both my auto and homeowners policies.

In addition, If I open a token mutual fund account, say the USAA money market fund ($1k minimum or $50 w/ $50 monthly recurring - currently 1.85% interest rate), that triggers further discounts as well.

ROF Expat

• Bristles
Re: USAA Multi Product Discount
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »
USAA's customer service reps are usually very good about pointing out discount opportunities for multiple products.  I know that a few years ago when I called to cancel a pretty expensive valuable personal property rider, the rep pointed out that I was getting a discount on my insurance for multiple accounts and suggested that, rather than canceling the rider, I move it to the lowest level.  The annual discount I continue to receive on my insurance bill is now larger than the amount I pay for rider.  I have the same situation with a car insurance policy that costs me about $24 per year, but saves me several hundred dollars a year on my homeowner's policy (and made it possible for me to get an umbrella policy). 

twe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »
Where do you find this linked on the USAA website? I can't find it, and for some reason that page doesn't let me choose different combinations. I've looked everywhere and keyword searches don't turn it up.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Where do you find this linked on the USAA website? I can't find it, and for some reason that page doesn't let me choose different combinations. I've looked everywhere and keyword searches don't turn it up.

On your auto policy or homeowners page, there is a Want a Lower Premium? link.

twe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »
Must be tailored to only some audiences. Definitely not an option for me.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:08 PM »
Must be tailored to only some audiences. Definitely not an option for me.

If the linked page loads but does not have you choose different products, you might already be maxxed out on discounts? Or it's not available in your state. I don't know.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 09:24:02 AM »
I'll have to look into this. I've had Allstate for many many years for both home auto and motorcycle. After finding MMM and trying insurance shopping I found a better deal with USAA on homeowners, but nobody on the planet could touch my auto rate and motorcycle was about the same. So I only moved the homeowners. I'll have to try again and see if USAA can do better now, but normally I check every year and they just can't touch it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!