Author Topic: SoFi Won't Honor My MMM Referral Bonus  (Read 2153 times)

aguajus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
SoFi Won't Honor My MMM Referral Bonus
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
Hi all,

Please learn from my mistake!

I created a SoFi account 2+ years ago, but just a couple months ago used the MMM referral link to apply for a $15k refi on student loans.

All of the screens detailing the loan information and referral bonus said I would get the $300 MMM referral. It has been 30 days, so I contacted SoFi support through email and they said I received a 0.25% discount instead of the $300 due to the link I used to set up my account 2+ years ago. This was not disclosed when I applied for the loan.

At this point I'm debating whether I should leave the loan at the low interest rate (3.875%) or pay it off because I don't want a reminder of this every month. Either way, I won't refer my girlfriend who has $30k she needs to refi.

Please learn from me and triple check that you will get the bonus by creating a fresh account, confirming with a SoFi rep before, and taking a screenshot showing that your referral bonus is the $300.

Thanks,
A

Babalu

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: SoFi Won't Honor My MMM Referral Bonus
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 07:44:36 PM »
Maybe the 0.25% discount is worth more than $300?  On my loan, that would work out to about $325 if I don't pay it off early.  If it's less than $300, perhaps you can get them to change the referral bonus.

Gronnie

• Pencil Stache
Re: SoFi Won't Honor My MMM Referral Bonus
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:04:42 PM »
I don't see what the problem is. You already signed up and were tagged to a different referral.