Author Topic: Small Business Software.. HELP!  (Read 1328 times)

fdubz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Small Business Software.. HELP!
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »
My mom keeps the books for our family dairy farm.  She used an ancient version of Quicken until her equally ancient printer and computer died last week.  She had the disc for the old Quicken which I was able to install on the new computer, but it won't print and it won't create PDFs, export to anything, or do any kind of savable file.  I actually had to use SnipIt to get a report printed for her last night. YIKES.

I use Quickbooks at my job, but it's not awesome and it's SO expensive, and I'm worried about the payroll subscription.  I don't know if you have to have the subscription for JUST writing payroll checks (she already pays her payroll liabilities online, so she doesn't need that feature).  She just needs something basic to write/print checks and track expenses/income for tax time.  She is VERY against the idea of any online service and wants something put on her computer with a disc (I know, I've tried. I can't change her mind.)

What do you all recommend? 

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
Re: Small Business Software.. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »
Isn't QuickBooks just a few hundred dollars? Any of the online versions are going to cost that much in just a year or two anyways (if that were an option).

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!