Author Topic: Reduced Phone Bill to less than $10/month by using Tello ! [Referral link]  (Read 2935 times)

Hawkeye

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Save on your Phone plan by switching to Tello - sign up now and we both get $10 ! Referral
Hey Everyone,

I got thrilled that I found mint sim (now mint mobile) slightly more than a year ago, which reduced my phone bill to $13.33 / month.

I wrote about that in this post from ~ 1 year ago: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/decreased-cell-phone-bill-by-60-($30-to-$13-33)

Now it was time to renew the annual contract, which would have cost me $180 this time (no promotion)...  not a bad deal, but I am a Mustachian, and I want to be more badass!!! So I researched, and found the best Pay-as-you-go plan!

$0.01 per text
$0.03 per minute
$0.02 per MB data (can be disabled)

Using this setup, I have managed to reduce my phone bill to less than $10 for 2 months in a row !

Network works great, it is a Sprint MVNO, but no issues. I live in NYC.

They have monthly plans as well, but I rather reduce my use to save more $$$ :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:36:41 AM by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Save on your Phone plan by switching to Tello - sign up now and we both get $10 ! Referral
Re: Reduced Phone Bill to < $10/month by using Tello !
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »
Not a single reply, but > 600 views, and one person did sign up using my referral link (Thanks, Julie.. Yay !)

Service has been awesome.. I definitely cut down on my mobile data use, which is another plus, since I have been more focused... my expenses per month have been < $10 for every month... however, my last $10 refill was more than 1.5 months ago, and I have still $4 left --> this is less than $5 per month --> I'm awesomesauce !

In addition, also got the $10 by the referral link by Julie

So mustachians in the world unite, and if you are not yet Tello members, I highly recommend signing up.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:37:19 AM by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to keep this recommendation updated. I have now several years of experience using Tello and have recommended this plan to more than a dozen people, all of which have been having great experiences.

There have been exciting recent developments. Given the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, Tello is currently offering double data for all their plans for free. This is now a very competitive alternative to their PAYGO plans and I have switched my plan to this.

Here is an example of their current offer (cost is $7 per month):

• 600 minutes phone
  • "unlimited" text
  • 1GB data

Again, this is only $7 per month or $84 annually !

IMO this is extremely competitive alternative even to Mint Mobile, which currently charged $180 for 12 months of their cheapest plan. Depending on your needs this can be customized, or you can switch back to PAYGO after the coming months.

Please consider using the referral link in case you're interested !

https://tello.com/?_referral=p3h1j0gx

We will both get $10 for free !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:37:38 AM by Hawkeye »

shanghaiMMM

• Stubble
Thanks, I just ordered a pay as you go with your link. Didn't say anything about your referral but hopefully it works!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!