Author Topic: Recommend a programable thermostat  (Read 1689 times)

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
Recommend a programable thermostat
« on: May 10, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
Our new rental has an electronic/digital but not programable thermostat.  I'm thinking it would be worth it (economically and environmentally) to put in a programable one, given that it looks like there are several models under $100.  We could even keep the old one and reinstall it when we left.  (Our landlord is SUPER low key and seems not to care about things like this, though we'd get permission.)

We don't need a million features.  Basically just adjusting the temp for daytime/bedtime (though it looks like most models have at least a 5/2 schedule so you can program differently for weekends). 

Do you have a specific one to recommend? 

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Recommend a programable thermostat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 07:05:08 AM »
Hunter Home Comfort 44378 7-Day

shelbyautumn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 01:50:56 PM »
We got the Honeywell Lyric - there was a rebate through our utility company that made it free after we sent in our receipt.

I would check to see if your electric and/or gas company offers any rebates and see where that takes you.

Boofinator

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
I'll mail you my old one if you'd like (~5 years old). I had installed it in my previous house, though had to remove it and reinstall the original when I moved out (it doesn't support a gas heater function (I didn't use the heater for the three years I lived there)). My daughter now uses it as a toy, but as far as I can tell it still works.

ETA: Needless to say, if your setup includes a gas heater, this wouldn't work for you. Keep this in mind when shopping.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 02:08:06 PM by Boofinator »

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:58 PM »
We bought this one about two years ago: https://amzn.to/2YtStMt

Big touch screen, can customize each day to have different settings, or easily copy the settings over from one day to others.