Author Topic: Plastiq for Manufactured Spend - $200 spend fee free  (Read 1925 times)

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
Plastiq for Manufactured Spend - $200 spend fee free
« on: March 23, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
Plastiq is a service that lets you use a credit card to make payments toward student loans, auto loans, mortgages and other things you normally can't use a credit card for.

They normally charge a 2.5% fee on each payment, meaning it is only worth it if you are hitting a minimum spend for a credit card sign up bonus.  They also have deals every so often to pay a 1.75% fee when using a Mastercard.

They just implemented a referral program with the following conditions:   

Sign up through a referral link, make a $20 payment (costing you a 50 cent fee) and they'll give you $200 in Fee Free Dollars.  Note: This does not mean they are giving you $200.  It means they are allowing you to send $200 via your credit card without paying a fee.  This means you save $5 in fees on that $200 of spend.

This can be a great way to help hit a minimum spend if your expenses are otherwise low.

If you'd like to sign up through my link to get $200 "fee free dollars", it is here: https://try.plastiq.com/264149

Edit:  Today only (3/23/2016) you can also get another $25 in fee free dollars by sharing your link on Facebook or Twitter and tagging Plastiq.  Their Twitter handle is @payplastiq
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:23:47 PM by kpd905 »

Vanguards and Lentils

• Bristles
Re: Plastiq for Manufactured Spend - $200 spend fee free
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing and explaining. I hate when companies  don't tell how much something is worth directly. I guess "get a $5 bonus (minus $0.50 in fees)" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!