Author Topic: Personal Capital - Get $20 Amazon GC for Sign Up  (Read 7624 times)

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
Personal Capital - Get $20 Amazon GC for Sign Up
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »
Personal Capital is a site that many people use to aggregate all of their bank and investment accounts in one place.  They are currently offering a $20 Amazon gift card to anyone who signs up and links at least one investment account (401k, IRA or brokerage).  Probably a 2 minute process for $20.  If you don't already have an account with them, this is a good chance to try it.

I'd appreciate if anyone would be willing to use my link, I'd also get an Amazon gift card:  https://www.talkable.com/x/lpr1AX
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:52:56 AM by kpd905 »

Sarah Saverdink

• Stubble
    • The Saverdinks
Re: Personal Capital - Get $20 Amazon GC for Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »
If anyone is interested in a peek at what free financial tools Personal Capital offers, here's an overview: https://www.saverdinks.com/blog/personal-capital-free-finance-tools/

I've been using them for over a year and love their free personal finance tools. Highly recommend.

Acastus

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:17:52 AM »
Throw your favorite FIRE blogger a bone. Subscribe from their link to Personal Capital. Word on the street is they get a $100 commission. That is why it is such a common ad.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 12:34:47 PM »
Throw your favorite FIRE blogger a bone. Subscribe from their link to Personal Capital. Word on the street is they get a $100 commission. That is why it is such a common ad.

That's if you have at least $100k in linked assets. This promo seems to be more open ended without the $100k minimum balance.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »
Yes, no minimum account balances required for this one.  Just link one investment account.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »
Just bumping this to let people know that this $20 promotion is supposedly going through the end of April.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »
Just an update, the promotion is still going.  It did not end in April as they had planned.

tenns9

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »
Just an update, the promotion is still going.  It did not end in April as they had planned.

It looks like the promotion is still going. I just joined from your link. Seems pretty similar to mint.com, which is the budget site I use to link all my financial accounts. Probably won't switch to using Personal capital. I just wanted the $20 Amazon card. Thanks!

-Tyler

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 04:32:52 AM »

It looks like the promotion is still going. I just joined from your link. Seems pretty similar to mint.com, which is the budget site I use to link all my financial accounts. Probably won't switch to using Personal capital. I just wanted the $20 Amazon card. Thanks!

-Tyler

Yes, it is similar to Mint.  I use it to keep track of all of my bank accounts and credit cards, since I usually have about 15 bank accounts and 15-20 credit cards open at one time.  Thanks for using my link, it doesn't look like they are going to end the promotion anytime soon.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 04:57:02 PM »
Just joined using your link. I saw it some time ago but didn't really know what Personal Capital was. Since then I've seen a lot more people mention it and it seems like something I could use as I've been manually updating a spread sheet with my net worth but haven't been good about doing it regularly.

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
Anything special I need to do? Went through OP's link and on the front page I saw the 20$ promotion.. joined, linked a couple investment accounts and not sure where to go to "claim" the bonus? Nothing emailed to me, and don't see anything quickly browsing around the site.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

tenns9

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »
Anything special I need to do? Went through OP's link and on the front page I saw the 20$ promotion.. joined, linked a couple investment accounts and not sure where to go to "claim" the bonus? Nothing emailed to me, and don't see anything quickly browsing around the site.

I just read in the terms and conditions that we'll receive the gc in an email within 6 weeks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:58:15 PM by tenns9 »

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »

I just read in the terms and conditions that we'll receive the gc in an email within 6 weeks.

Thanks so much! I'll keep an eye out.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »

The terms state 6 weeks, but many people I've referred have received it in 1-2 weeks.

Tass

• Magnum Stache

Lady Stash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »
Just signed up yesterday using a link on this blog.  Would have gone for the $20 gift card if I'd seen this.  Guess it's good to support the blog too though!!

adventurestache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Adventure Field Guide
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 06:16:16 PM »
I've been using mint for several years now, do any of you have input on what each is better for? Is personal capital significantly better? I'd consider switching if it has a lot more to offer!

foobaz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
I used to have an account there but the "personal advisor" kept calling me about paying them to manage my investments. It was so aggressive that I closed my account. I'd rather not deal with that again even for $20.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 12:36:12 AM »
I used to have an account there but the "personal advisor" kept calling me about paying them to manage my investments. It was so aggressive that I closed my account. I'd rather not deal with that again even for $20.

In my experience, I told them I was not interested and they never called again.  If you dodge their calls, then they might continue indefinitely.

foobaz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
I told them multiple times that I wasn't interested and will not be interested in their advisory services but they wouldn't stop calling. Later on I also started getting calls from someone else who said they were the the financial advisors assistant who kept trying to get me to schedule an appointment. Incredibly annoying.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 05:33:39 PM »
I told them multiple times that I wasn't interested and will not be interested in their advisory services but they wouldn't stop calling. Later on I also started getting calls from someone else who said they were the the financial advisors assistant who kept trying to get me to schedule an appointment. Incredibly annoying.

Maybe you had too much money invested and they saw a chance for a big fat commission for getting all those assets under management. Either way, poor customer service.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!