Author Topic: Noblr auto insurance  (Read 9025 times)

FtWorthAtheist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Noblr auto insurance
« on: April 19, 2024, 12:29:14 PM »

I really like getting insurance from Noblr.  The payment structure is different, but for me it has ended up being much lower cost overall.  I'm not sure if it's lower cost for everyone or just people like me: I drive very few miles because I work from home a lot and I get the highest tier of coverage possible because I like to know I'm covered.  My quote included one 6-month $335 premium payment and then a monthly payment every month that depends on how well their app thinks I'm driving but is usually $10-30.  They don't ding me every time I speed like Progressive Snapshot.  In December, I got in the most minor accident ever that was my fault, and my 6 month premium cost didn't go up.  I don't think my monthly payment went up because of that either; I'm driving more miles lately so my monthly payment has gone up, but not by much.  Anyhow, between the two I'm paying less than $500 for 6 months and it's been several years since any other insurer was quoting me rates that low for 6 months of full and maximum coverage insurance.  If you ride as a passenger you'd have to keep telling their app that to not be charged for those miles though; that's not convenient but it's not terribly onerous either.  I hope someone finds this useful because I wish I had known about them earlier.

SmashYourSmartPhone

• Bristles
Re: Noblr auto insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 02:16:04 PM »
Ugh.  I despise "app based" or "tracking gadget based" insurance systems.  You are, if you know it or not, broadcasting literally everything about your driving to every data aggregator who wants to buy a copy of it.

Of course, a modern "connected car" is probably doing the same thing.

Being charged insurance for miles I ride, unless I remember to disable it, is beyond absurd.  I don't even have my phone powered on most of the time I drive, though.

I get low mileage discounts on some of my less frequently driven vehicles, and every now and then get a letter from my insurance company asking me for the odometer reading on them.