Author Topic: Need recommendations for EV car charger level 2 outdoors use  (Read 1228 times)

taiwwa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
It would be mounted outside. What are the best options? What to avoid? Should I just go with whatever is cheapest?

BrokeNoMo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Need recommendations for EV car charger level 2 outdoors use
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
I saw this on the Volt and Leaf forums and subsequently ordered 1 to replace a damaged factory charger, but with a L2 end on it:

http://www.e-zencar.net/ - they sell the 16A 220V (third pic down) for about half of what you find online at Amazon or Ebay. You will have to request a quote. Amy is their customer service person and was very good about my order- you have to pick your cable lengths and what type of end you want on it. They make it to your specifications. I ordered 6 meter long J1772 end and 1 meter long plug end.

I actually ordered 2 and they cost about $150 each, but I sold one on Ebay for about a $200 net return (after all their fees). So about $50 and its been working flawlessly since February.

It might be good to mount it in a lockable electrical box... but mine has been outside the entire time with no issues.