Author Topic: Mens belt  (Read 2048 times)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Mens belt
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
I recently got a new belt.  I realized I don't need a leather belt any more, so I went with a nylon web belt with a plastic cam-lock buckle.  I got it for under $3 on Ebay, shipped.  It's called a 'non-metallic tactical belt'.
It took a few weeks to arrive from china, but I'm very happy with it.  I luv that it can be locked at any length. 
I cut it to length and sealed the end with a candle. And I can buy webbing at any camping store.
I'll buy a spare buckle.  No idea how long a plastic cam-lock buckle lasts.   

back story;
I grew up (mostly) on a farm.
I wore boots instead of tennis shoes (except for gym class).
And I wore a leather belt, with a leather pliers holster.  When I got a little older it was a lineman's multi-tool pliers and then another holster for a buck (type) knife.
I just kept wearing leather belts.  Thick and wide. 
I carried a leatherman multi-tool for a while, but it was frowned upon in the corp. world.  When someone borrowed it and broke the tip of the blade, I put it in a drawer...
And I wear dockers now instead of jeans.
Thick, wide leather belts have gotten pricey and hard to find.  I got my last two from a leather craftsman at craft fairs.
I simply don't need a leather belt, esp. a thick and wide one.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:01:22 AM by HipGnosis »

msheldon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mens belt
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:38:07 PM »
I picked up a webbing belt with a fancy buckle a decade ago. I love this belt, but the webbing is fraying. Still functional, but it's looking over worn... I could buy a new fancy buckle webbing belt for 30 bucks or so, but webbing should be cheap! I have the tools needed to see heavy duty webbing, so all I need is the right webbing.

This buckle requires 1.5" wide diving belt webbing-- very rough/textured. Smooth webbing just slips through. I can't find this stuff! Are any divers out there that build their own equipment? Can you point me to a good source of diving webbing?

Thank you!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mens belt
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
I picked up a webbing belt with a fancy buckle a decade ago. I love this belt, but the webbing is fraying. Still functional, but it's looking over worn... I could buy a new fancy buckle webbing belt for 30 bucks or so, but webbing should be cheap! I have the tools needed to see heavy duty webbing, so all I need is the right webbing.

This buckle requires 1.5" wide diving belt webbing-- very rough/textured. Smooth webbing just slips through. I can't find this stuff! Are any divers out there that build their own equipment? Can you point me to a good source of diving webbing?

Thank you!
I got it for under $3 on Ebay, shipped.