Author Topic: International transfers in 2022  (Read 1582 times)

TeeNixx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Let the last check bounce ;-)
International transfers in 2022
« on: March 19, 2022, 10:46:43 AM »
Anyone with experience in using xendpay.com for international transfers?
In the last couple of years, I used wise.com (or transferwise.com as it used to be called) but xendpay appears to be the new low-cost kid on the block.

Feedback appreciated

TeeNixx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Let the last check bounce ;-)
Re: International transfers in 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 11:57:52 AM »
Update on this subject;
Turns out that xendpay does not serv Canada, US and New Zeeland. Possible other countries as well. The company isn't upfront about this on their site. The support appears to be a little bit shaky as well.
Just something to keep in mind....

s0198362

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 05:44:38 AM »
I've used (Transfer)Wise multiple time sin the past.  I recently moved to Revolut though.  Seemed easy enough to send money to family and friends (small amounts) on a recent trip.  I like that you can have multiple currencies held, so withdrawing cash from an ATM in Ireland one day and in the UK the next was no issue.

I have a link to invite others to Revolut that I am happy to share individually (PM me).  Of course I'll get a kick back for that.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 06:06:46 AM »
Was something actually wrong with wise that made you want to switch? I've had a universally good experience with them.

GreenQueen

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
I have used Wise (né Transferwise) for years, including last week and today. I find it to very fast and a fair on the pricing.

s0198362

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 04:52:41 AM »
Was something actually wrong with wise that made you want to switch? I've had a universally good experience with them.

Revolut (I think) made bank to bank transfers with my family a bit easier before [Transfer]Wise made some changes.  Similarly, the debit card came first with Revolut.  Not really looked at it too much, but my family used Revolut, so I did too.  Making payments to friends family has been super easy.  I haven't looked at how Wise can do this now.  The cost difference is minimal for the amount I use it.  If I were to do a big transaction, I'd carefully review things. 

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 06:16:35 AM »
I've only heard good things about Revolut as well. I was more curious why OP was looking into xendpay, which I hadn't heard of before...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!