Author Topic: Get paid to lose weight? A HealthyWager review  (Read 10347 times)

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
Get paid to lose weight? A HealthyWager review
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
Is the site truly legit? Does it really motivate you to lose weight? I decided to kickstart the new year with a determination to lose weight. I had a rough Fall 2018 and had packed on a lot of pounds and finally reached a point where I was mentally ready to do something about it. Then I started thinking about earning rewards or something from this - there was a local app that was heavily subsidized to offer free prizes as an incentive to get healthy. Why not get something free, right?

Well, turns out the subsidy ended and the app didn't look attractive enough anymore. Still, I started researching some more and came across HealthyWage. It sounded intriguing but I started wondering what crazy person would risk money to lose weight when the journey can sometimes be so unpredictable?

Then I started running the numbers on HealthyWage and started realizing the financial risk and incentive was actually changing my motivation and determination. I started off planning to lose maybe 10 lbs over 2-3 months and then just see what would happen next. As I crunched numbers on HealthyWage (your prize money is dependent on your stats, how much you want to lose, how much you put in, and how long you are giving yourself. You can put down as little as $100 over 6-18 months that you will lose a min 10% of your body weight), I started wanting to push myself harder. I ended up putting down SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS (now we are talking crazy money territory)! BUT, my payout will be $1080. So $480 or about 80% return for a commitment to lose 25lbs in 6 months. That's about 1 lb a week (especially since I did load up with water and dinner - adding about 4lbs to my weigh in that morning lol). I know that while it will be a long-term commitment for the whole 6 months, the number is doable for me.

Plus since I credit card hack, the $600 went towards one of my sign-up bonuses :) I was contemplating putting in more (advanced manufacturing spend lol!) but finally decided $600 was more than enough to risk and I should not be greedy.

I have 5 weeks in with 21 weeks to go and have already dropped 10 lbs. There have been a couple of times where I have been really tempted to give in to a binge but having HealthyWager at the back of my mind has really really helped keep me on track. Instead of binging, I ended up weighing out my desired junk food and logging it. (By the way, a shout out to MyFitnessPal. I use it to count calories and it makes all the difference for me. HealthyWager gives me the motivation, MyFitnessPal gives me the tools).

Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying it out, make sure you use a referral code as you get an extra $40 bonus (so if you put in $100 and get offered a $120 payout, your actual payout would be $160. Pretty sweet). My referral link is https://hwage.co/574832/ (I also get a bonus).

Hope this helps someone!

thecampguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Get paid to lose weight? A HealthyWager review
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
So... Did you crush it and come out on top?

I have a wager going myself, not through healthywager, rather a good old rivalry between siblings. You'd be surprised how a little cash in the game helps get over the chocolate cravings.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »
I actually did :) :)

In July I met my goal and lost the 25 lbs. And yes, I fully credit HealthyWager for helping me stay motivated. I was tempted to say “good enough” way too many times. The large sum invested in HealthyWage worked amazing though. I found myself mentally able to justify losing $50-75 but ultimate could not handle losing $600. So that whole thing really worked for me.

Now the big challenge is to keep it off. I have been hovering around the same weight range (+/- 4lbs) since July so that’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 06:34:18 AM »
Haha, I just put down some coin on HealthyWage the day after Thanksgiving. So this update was timely! Hope it works for me as well.

threepacballer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 07:02:59 PM »
It worked for me. I made $700 and have kept the weight off. Losing the money was a big motivator.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
It was also REALLY nice to get the big payout for something I was going to do anyway lol. I highly recommend it....with a big caveat. Weightloss is a mind game. Make sure u are in the right headspace before u risk so much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 06:25:03 AM »
@Kris  How are you doing with your HealthyWager? Did you make it through Christmas?

Also, someone recently joined HealthyWager through my referral link and it happened to be during a time when the referral bonus shot up to $100. So if that someone is reading this thread -  THANK YOU! And I really really hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

6 months later I have managed to continue to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal weight. A few months ago I tried dietbet as well as a HealthyWage Personal Jackpot to drop a few extra pounds. I won a little money via dietbet but also lost a little because I found the smaller amounts were not so motivating. I just pushed it aside and almost ignored it. So I am glad when I did the initial HealthyWager I ended up putting in $600. Turns out I can justify losing $30-60 but $600 got my butt in gear and forced me to keep plugging on when I just wanted to say "good enough".

Sent from my VCE-AL00 using Tapatalk

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
@Kris  How are you doing with your HealthyWager? Did you make it through Christmas?

Also, someone recently joined HealthyWager through my referral link and it happened to be during a time when the referral bonus shot up to $100. So if that someone is reading this thread -  THANK YOU! And I really really hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

6 months later I have managed to continue to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal weight. A few months ago I tried dietbet as well as a HealthyWage Personal Jackpot to drop a few extra pounds. I won a little money via dietbet but also lost a little because I found the smaller amounts were not so motivating. I just pushed it aside and almost ignored it. So I am glad when I did the initial HealthyWager I ended up putting in $600. Turns out I can justify losing $30-60 but $600 got my butt in gear and forced me to keep plugging on when I just wanted to say "good enough".

Hey! I managed to mostly maintain during Christmas. So I’m still on track. My end date is 2/21... crossing my finges!

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 12:03:51 PM »
That's awesome! Maintaining through Christmas is HARD! Congrats :) Less than 2 months to go!