Author Topic: Free stock from WeBull  (Read 6984 times)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Free stock from WeBull
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
Another trading startup, another free stock for signing up
Offer expires January 15th.

I have no interest in trading stocks, maybe you do. I'll take the free stock to give their app a spin.

Similar to the free stock from Robinhood (see earlier forum discussion).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:08:21 PM by CanuckExpat »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
Re: Free stock from WeBull
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »
Thanks, I decided to give it a shot with your referral link.

Here's mine: https://act.webull.com/i/LDFwGbjDX3ni

It looks similar to RobinHood. You get a free share of stock trading between $3 and $300 for signing up (as does the person who's referral link you used). Odds are it will be something trading around $3 - $5
$50 - $300 range, odds are 1:500
$10 - $50 range, odds are 1:55.6
$3 - $5 range, odds are 1:1.02

Also, through 3/31/19 if you deposit at least $100 in your account within 30 days of signing up you get another free share of stock (as does the person who's referral link you used) The odds for this second share are a bit better and the stock will be trading in the $4 - $1,000 range.
$1,000 range, odds are 1:2,000
$200 - $1,000 range, odds are 1:200
$8 - $100 range, odds are 1:74
$4 - $8 range, odds are 1:1.02

The initial bonus doesn't require you to deposit any cash or link a bank account to receive it. Just signing up is sufficient. They require the typical information needed to open any brokerage account: name, address, social security number, investor profile, etc. The second free share of stock does require a $100 deposit with the usual ACH verification of depositing a few cents then taking it back.

Compared to RobinHood the app itself certainly provides more information. RobinHood is pretty barebones when it comes to providing market information (i.e. the graphs aren't even labeled on the y-axis for what stocks are trading at). It looks like this app incorporates some additional technical analysis tools as well as a lot more financial information, analyst ratings, etc. It does not have options trading or cryptocurrencies as RobinHood does, but from a stock perspective looks superior in terms of interface and market research. It does include the option of a margin account for free with short selling allowed. With RobinHood that requires you to pay monthly for the premium RobinHood Gold. They're also in the process of introducing some additional order types like stop-loss.

FYI although the trades are commission free they still charge something like a penny to cover the transaction costs. They do sell order flow to high frequencies traders which seems to be a substantial income stream for RobinHood as well. Just stick to using limit orders and you should be ok. I doubt many people will be transacting high-dollar trades through this platform, and either way losing a penny here or there is a lot better than a $6-10 commission elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:46 PM by Michael in ABQ »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:45:19 AM »
Sweet, I received SBUX (Starbucks) currently trading at $62.45. Looks like I'm in the 1 in 200 category.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »
Sweet. Better luck than me. I got GNW (~$5), twice. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth either way :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »
This is good until Jan 16th, so five more days. Similar deadline for another trading startup offering $25 free in BTC, that also expires in a few days, if you are interested.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »
Sweet. Better luck than me. I got GNW (~$5), twice. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth either way :)

LOL. I got the same, two shares actually because my referral got that too.

bexrayx91

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
https://act.webull.com/i/UCDZQgu4DPA1

I already had webull so if someone uses the one above me first that would be awesome but i'd also like to get in if I could :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 01:09:22 PM »
Seems they the free stock for signing up promo is now valid at least until March.
If you already signed up, you can get a second free stock by depositing $100. Doesn't have to be held for a minimum amount of time that I can tell.

Stimpy

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 02:51:42 PM »
Interesting, I'll add mine to the mix.   Got SWN  (SouthWestern Energy Co) ~ $5 stock.

Have to agree on the initial look it seems more advanced information wise.   Oh well Free money!

https://act.webull.com/i/FJprlw9HOOWq

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »
Seems they the free stock for signing up promo is now valid at least until March.
If you already signed up, you can get a second free stock by depositing $100. Doesn't have to be held for a minimum amount of time that I can tell.

Can verify that deposit bonus works. A little slower to credit (funds take five days to settle after depositing), but you get the second free stock.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
Appears the WeBull referall is still active and program has been tweaked so the initial free share is worth slightly more

Update from original source: https://www.mymoneyblog.com/webull-app-free-share-of-stock.html

walkwalkwalk

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »
Please use my link to sign up now! Just deposit $100 or more to get a free stock.  https://act.webull.com/promotion/invitation/share.html?inviteCode=DZDn2fSr3VLd

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »
Promo is updated, now you get two free stock:
"Open an account, get first stock between $2.50 - $250
Make initial deposit of $100 or more, get second free stock valued between $12 - $1400"

May fortune be ever in your favor

wudeshi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
Open an Webull account and get your 1st free stock up to $250. If you Deposit $100, you will get a 2nd free stock up to $1400.
https://act.webull.com/t/aV32ZHRKEaMb/zmb/

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!