Author Topic: ebates / swagbucks?  (Read 9100 times)

ePalmtrees

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
ebates / swagbucks?
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »
Has anyone used these? I'm skeptical but keep seeing the ebates commercial where people are saying "I just saved money on something I was going to buy anyway!"

Frugalicious

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: ebates / swagbucks?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
I’ve used them both for a while.  There won’t be a ton of savings, but I still find it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
I get a little back from Ebates but I don't shop online often anymore. It is nice now that they use PayPal, I lost a check once because it was sent to the wrong address. Never tried Swagbucks. I use ibotta and checkout 51 a lot for groceries.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Love ebates! However it's a rebate. So a "the more you spend the more you save." (Lol). It's free money though if you are buying stuff.

If you'd like to use a referral code, let me drop this one :)
ebates.com/r/JESSIM42

Swag bucks I used to do pretty well on $50. But I used about an hour a day.  Now I get a few cents a week. It helps if you have devices you can run videos on or time to do surveys.
Again...
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Skittl1321

Agree with Ibotta, though I no longer have it installed since husband does the shopping. I don't like like checkout 51. Not enough things I buy it's taken me 6 months to redeem $20. I like Mobisave, they PayPal you with no minimum, a few cents at a time.

Meowmalade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Like "Marmalade". Not like an ailing French cat.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »
I also use Ebates (back from when it was FatWallet).  Apparently I've gotten $163 in cashback over my lifetime!  I always check if something I'm buying online has a rebate from there.  This past summer I had to buy a bunch of gifts to take to India, and found these gift sets from Body Shop for a huge discount, free shipping, plus a higher-than-usual 6% cashback from Ebates!

Mrs. Rocker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Off Our Rocker RV
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 07:49:40 PM »
I use Ebates. Simple to use and the rebates do add up. Always check to see if there is a rebate available prior to ordering online.

ePalmtrees

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
Thanks all.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:56:00 AM »
I've used ebates for a few things. Most of our online shopping is through Amazon but I also do some reselling on Amazon and I've purchased a few things with ebates links that I've later resold. Usually it's only 1-2% but every little bit helps and it doesn't take but a few seconds to click the link first. I did just purchase a laptop but I'm not sure if the ebates link worked since it was also through a corporate discount through my company. Would be pretty nice if it does as it was about $750 so even 1% would be $7.50.

Referral code if you're interested. Spend at least $25 and you'll get $10 free (and I'll get $15). I used a code from someone when I first started so I was able to immediately get a check (minimum disbursement is $5) after my first purchase through it.

https://www.ebates.com/r/ABQFUL?eeid=28187

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »
I use topcashback and like it best. If you want to try it out, I can give you my referral link by PM but don't want to spam it here.

rosarugosa

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 04:42:05 AM »
I use topcashback and like it best. If you want to try it out, I can give you my referral link by PM but don't want to spam it here.

I favor Topcashback as well.

Trying2bFrugal

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
I used ebates, swagbucks (when i used to be boredem on office, this is where i played to earn 10$) and befrugal, all seems good.
I just check these when i am about to buy something. These looks small, but when you combine with the cc, it is actually 10% off in many cases.

Out of all i like swagbucks for small payout option. I buy $3 AGc most times.

Rhinodad

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
We use topcashback as well. We combine it with buying discount gift cards from Raise.com or Cardpool. We also buy coupons off eBay for items, and the order online for in store pickup. A lot of times, you get Cash back for buying the gift card, and then cash back when you redeem the gift card online.

We just bought kitty litter from Petsmart. Went through topcashback to Raise.com and got a gift card for 8% discount, plus got the 2% cashback and the reward on CC. Got a $7 coupon for .99 off of eBay, then ordered the kitty litter for pickup in store and saved another 5% on that.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »
I have swagbucks videos running 24/7 on 2 computers and make between $75 and $300 a month. I spend very little time on it and rarely do surveys or other activities to earn additional money. I will also sometimes get rebates from Swagbucks or ebates for online purchases, but these are pretty infrequent.

Megma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
I use ebates but I prefer Mr. Rebates generally. Usually I will check both to see which has a higher cash back percentage,normally I find that's Mr. Rebates.

I don't like going to stores, so I do a lot of online ordering and usually get $20 bucks back every other month. As everyone else has said, it's not an insane amount of money but it's money you get back on something you were buying anyway for doing almost nothing. I think I got like $7-8 back on TurboTax for example.

If anyone hasn't tried Mr. Rebates, I'd love to refer you :) PM me.

A friend of mine was getting bank back a few years ago because part of her job was to book hotels for people. She had a small ethical quandary about it but she wasn't booking anything extra and it's not something the company would've taken advantage of, so they weren't losing anything.

Rhinodad

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
I use ebates but I prefer Mr. Rebates generally. Usually I will check both to see which has a higher cash back percentage,normally I find that's Mr. Rebates.

I don't like going to stores, so I do a lot of online ordering and usually get $20 bucks back every other month. As everyone else has said, it's not an insane amount of money but it's money you get back on something you were buying anyway for doing almost nothing. I think I got like $7-8 back on TurboTax for example.

If anyone hasn't tried Mr. Rebates, I'd love to refer you :) PM me.

A friend of mine was getting bank back a few years ago because part of her job was to book hotels for people. She had a small ethical quandary about it but she wasn't booking anything extra and it's not something the company would've taken advantage of, so they weren't losing anything.

Just an FYI, I just compared a few I use regularly, and it appears that Topcashback has a greater percentage on the ones I checked.

iwannaretire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »
I have swagbucks videos running 24/7 on 2 computers and make between $75 and $300 a month. I spend very little time on it and rarely do surveys or other activities to earn additional money. I will also sometimes get rebates from Swagbucks or ebates for online purchases, but these are pretty infrequent.

I'm curious, what browser do you use to run the videos continuously?  We've tried and they all get stuck.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 03:37:20 PM »

I'm curious, what browser do you use to run the videos continuously?  We've tried and they all get stuck.

I've had the best luck with Chrome. I do have to occasionally check on them and restart some of the autoplay ncrave playlists, but it usually goes for hours at a time. Sometimes it works without any help for days, and sometimes I can't get them to work at all, like yesterday and today.  I have teamviewer installed on my computer and the teamviewer app on my phone so I can check on them from anywhere.

zazpowered

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Where should you invest your money?
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 02:53:47 AM »
Ebates is definitely legit. You should get the chrome extension if you want an easy way to use it because anytime you browse an ebates supported site, a window will popup to let you know.

Dare2Dream

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 06:55:03 AM »

How do you automate swagbucks to run 24/7?   Is the $75-$300 include electricity usage for the computers?

thanks

I Want to Believe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 09:51:55 AM »

How do you automate swagbucks to run 24/7?   Is the $75-$300 include electricity usage for the computers?

thanks
9+

I'd like to know this too.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
Swagbucks surveys do a llot of bait and switch IME.  Here’s a 25 pt survey that will take 5 min - it’s really a 5 min pre-survey that leads to the real survey. Feels impossible to figure out if you got the expected points after the longer survey (if you do them in batches). You also may get a LONG way through a survey to then get rejected.  I’ve complained a few times, and sometimes they will give you the points.
 I do like that I can redeem points for gift cards.

Other survey sites:
VIP Voice sucks!

Dailybreak is OK. 

Prolific pays out cash - for surveys (not for buying stuff)

Dare2Dream

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
Ebates is definitely legit. You should get the chrome extension if you want an easy way to use it because anytime you browse an ebates supported site, a window will popup to let you know.

Great Idea.  I have made over $3k from ebates in that few years that I have used it.  But sometimes forget to use it.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »
I have done swagbucks. Started with just doing the videos and some of the questions to get the swagbucks. Never made a whole lot but I didn't put a lot of time into it. Now I get a few by playing their "SwagIQ" daily live trivia game. Usually end up with a few bonus swagbucks there and learn a few new random things. I have been more active with Ibotta. I always check it out after we make the grocery list for the week and see if any of the items line up. I have gotten several items for a net $0 cost with the cash back and in-store sales. I can PM a referral if anyone is interested. 

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »

thanks

The main way is Ncraves. There are playlists that will usually run for a couple days before they stop.

Lately though I have run into a few issues.
1) They don't pay as much as they used to. Once upon a time it 4SB each time it ran, then it was 4SB then 3, 2, 1,1,1,1 etc. unless you closed down the playlist and reopened one and then it would start back at 4SB. Now it is 2, 1, 1, 1.
2) On top of that the websites that the Ncraves open up seem to be bandwidth intensive and I've had to not run them for part of the month so I don't go over my bandwidth limit.
3) It seems like they have started to add frequent captchas that interrupt the playlists so the game may be up.

I've also made some money lately by printing (to PDF) coupons everyday. You can make 100 SB a day doing that.

I think I'm getting closer to $50 a month now, and no that doesn't include electricity. At this point I am considering giving up, but we'll see. I'm hoping some new easy way to earn swagbucks pops up soon.

Scommm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2019, 12:02:56 AM »
I use 2 Ebates accounts, one for cashback, and one for Amex MRs. I also use lemoney, mrrebates, topcashback, befrugal, yazing, and a few others. I have made collectively about $20k back just doing MS over the past couple years.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!