Author Topic: Credit Union 3% CDs through end of year  (Read 2982 times)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Credit Union 3% CDs through end of year
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »
Andrews Federal Credit Union is offering promotional interests rates if you open and fund an account through the end of year. 3% CD's on three month, six month, and 84 month terms. The early withdrawal penalty is only 180 days, so the 84 month term is pretty flexible. Good if you have emergency funds you normally keep in high interest savings account , short term funds, etc. I'm moving some of the money I normally keep in Ally 1% to here and staggering in a few different CDs.

You can become eligible for Credit Union membership by joining the American Consumer Council for free with promo code "consumer"

More information from My Money Blog

Note, there is a hard credit pull if you open an account.
They also have referral program if you want an extra $50 for opening your account (PM me for my info you want, or don't), but that's only good if you do some direct deposits. Up to you if that is worth it.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Re: Credit Union 3% CDs through end of year
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »
3% APY on 84 month term seems alive again as of 1/21/2017: http://www.andrewsfcu.org/print-certificate-rates.html

I'm not certain of the early withdrawal penalties.

minimalistgamer

• Bristles
  • Gamer and minimalist.
    • Minimalist Gamer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:29:52 PM »
I am seriously contemplating breaking my existing CD with Synchrony Bank to pay off my mortgage. I might think about opening a CD with this bank with some of the left over money. The rate seems pretty good, and if I were to invest about $10000, I might reduce the bond fund contribution in my investment accounts.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:22:12 PM »
Thanks for mentioning the promo code for the ACC.  Many CU's allow membership through them.