Author Topic: Costco Insurance?  (Read 2931 times)

callison15

Costco Insurance?
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »
Just curious if anyone uses Costco/Ameriprise insurance?  I got a quote from them for my homeowner's insurance, and it was about $400 less per year than I currently pay.  I tried to read some reviews for Ameriprise and found a mix of good and bad.  I couldn't find much on this forum, so curious if anyone here has them for their home and/or auto?  What has your experience been like?

pbnj

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Costco Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »
I have been with Ameriprise for about 2 years now.  I cannot say what their customer service is like as I have not filed a claim for either home or auto.  For the first year my rates stayed the same then each went up by about $20 (per year for home and per 6 months auto).   I did call and ask why the increase in the absence of a claim and got the standard industry (flimsy) answer that they have to recoup money from hurricane and other disaster payouts. 

My premiums are still far cheaper than they were with other carriers so I still like them.  Easy automatic renewal.  As with any insurance, they're great as long as you're low maintenance and don't need them for anything!

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:52:23 PM »
Just curious if anyone uses Costco/Ameriprise insurance?  I got a quote from them for my homeowner's insurance, and it was about $400 less per year than I currently pay.  I tried to read some reviews for Ameriprise and found a mix of good and bad.  I couldn't find much on this forum, so curious if anyone here has them for their home and/or auto?  What has your experience been like?

I went through the same process and elected to stay with Progressive.  My price difference was less than $400/year and I've been thrilled with Progressive for over ten years now, so I did not want to risk switching to a company that would be terrible to deal with if I ever needed them.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »
Interested in this.  I have a pretty good rate, but it's what I found quickly when we bought the place.  I didn't extensively shop around.  In the last renewal, I found a couple cheaper options but the companies were not "name brands" so I didn't pull the trigger.  Not sure I want to save a couple hundred if it means I lose thousands in a claim