Author Topic: Cheap phone service for AT&T phones  (Read 1338 times)

chowdan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Cheap phone service for AT&T phones
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:02 AM »
Hey all,

My personal phone service is Google Fi. It works great, especially since my fiancee and I have been traveling Europe for almost 6 months now. Never had any problems in over 12 countries we've hit.

Now that we will be back in the USA for about 2 months before departing again, I am needing a phone service for my fiancee. She has a Samsung Galaxy S7 from AT&T.

I am looking to get her on a cheap plan that she can have unlimited texting/talk and 1 or 2gb of data. I would toss her on the Fi plan, but she'd be stuck with only a data plan.

Anyone have any suggestions? Republic Wireless & Twigby both are saying her phone is not compatible with their services.
24 years old, almost 25. Budgeting to flip the bird to corporate society let me cut the dock lines, and sail around the world on a budget, while living the high lifestyle.
Time is NOT money. Time is an irreplaceable commodity that can NEVER be replaced. Once its gone, its GONE. VALUE it before its GONE.

I.P. Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Got that mustache feeling.
    • Technical Meshugana
Re: Cheap phone service for AT&T phones
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »
Check the links in the sigline, one of which is stickied in the Share Your Badassity subforum. There are a few solid, ethical choices with good support. Puretalk USA will probably be your best option, though. $24/month for what you're asking for.
Hi, I'm Daley, the Howard Cosell of MVNOs and the Technical Meshugana. I'm also the author of the Frugal Communications Guide and our own Superguide.

tralfamadorian

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »
Maybe check to see if her phone would work with Ting?  I picked them after reading Daley's awesomely thorough guide. 

mcluhan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »
I switched over to H20 Wireless about a year ago and have been happy with it, no complaints or problems. 

elvisz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
Maybe check to see if her phone would work with Ting?  I picked them after reading Daley's awesomely thorough guide.

I have used Ting and can vouch for them. I spend much of my day in wifi which allows me to average about $18 a month with Ting.
"Follow your bliss" - Joseph Campbell

drudgep

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »
1GB and unl talk and text on AT&T for $35, $30 w/autopay

Done by Forty

• Stubble
    • Done by Forty
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 10:52:11 AM »
We have been with Airvoice Wireless since PTel suddenly went under, and have been very happy.

My wife is on the $20 unlimited talk/text and a smidge of data plan; I'm on the pay as you go $10/month plan paired with a lot of Google Voice texting (free) and Google Hangout calls (free). I basically never use the $10 I pay each month, and build a balance that I'll occasionally burn through when I'm out and about and turn on data for whatever.

Anyway, would definitely recommend for someone coming from AT&T, especially if you want to stay on the network.

dang1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »
definitely check out Airvoice. I'm on pay-as-you-go, as my backup to VZW

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
I just happen to be shopping for a cell service provider.
The best I've found;  RedPocket   $25 for unlimited talk & text w/ 1.5Gb of data

Tuskalusa

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:20:54 AM »
Ting. Love them.

FZJ80

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
Check out Cricket Wireless. ATT service at a fraction of the cost.

Debts_of_Despair

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
StraightTalk.