Author Topic: Cdns/Visitors to Canada: Public Mobile $25 referral bonus until Dec 16  (Read 1501 times)

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
I just activated a SIM card with Public Mobile for their Black Friday weekend deal. A great offer for someone looking to switch to a prepaid plan with great prices. From Nov 23-25, they are offering a Flash Sale:
- FREE SIM card (normally $10)
- 2nd month FREE (get a credit for whatever you pay the first month that is applicable to your 2nd month)
- $10 referral credit (my referral number: 2263408012 - I get $1/mo off)

**UPDATE**
Current offer for any 30 or 90 day plan:
- $25 referral bonus (my referral number: 2263408012 - we each get $25)
You do have to pay $10 for a SIM card but can activate online (so no need to go in-store)

Their plans are the best I have found for my husband's needs (decent amount of talk and text and a small amount of data). So we will be paying $30/mo for
-500MB at 3G
- unlimited talk and text

They also offer a pretty good plan at $40/5GB with unlimited talk and text if you need more data.

For the Black Friday deal, it has to be activated in-store with a rep by today, Nov 25.
Participating stores:
Walmart
London Drugs
The Mobile Shop
WOW! mobile boutique
K-Mobile
Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

I did learn a couple of things when I tried to activate (the first rep I worked with had no clue). My experience was at The Mobile Shop at the Real Canadian Superstore.
- the rep has to login to the Telus system and then access the Public Mobile system to see the offer and activate the SIM (some reps don't know how to do this).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:14:55 PM by elaine amj »

Brokenreign

• Stubble
Re: Cdns/Visitors to Canada: Public Mobile $25 referral bonus until Dec 16
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:22:04 AM »
I just activated a SIM card with Public Mobile for their Black Friday weekend deal. A great offer for someone looking to switch to a prepaid plan with great prices. From Nov 23-25, they are offering a Flash Sale:
- FREE SIM card (normally $10)
- 2nd month FREE (get a credit for whatever you pay the first month that is applicable to your 2nd month)
- $10 referral credit (my referral number: 2263408012 - I get $1/mo off)

Their plans are the best I have found for my husband's needs (decent amount of talk and text and a small amount of data). So we will be paying $30/mo for
-500MB at 3G
- unlimited talk and text

They also offer a pretty good plan at $40/5GB with unlimited talk and text if you need more data.

For the Black Friday deal, it has to be activated in-store with a rep by today, Nov 25.
Participating stores:
Walmart
London Drugs
The Mobile Shop
WOW! mobile boutique
K-Mobile
Select Koodo Authorized Dealers

I did learn a couple of things when I tried to activate (the first rep I worked with had no clue). My experience was at The Mobile Shop at the Real Canadian Superstore.
- the rep has to login to the Telus system and then access the Public Mobile system to see the offer and activate the SIM (some reps don't know how to do this).

Thanks! Took advantage of this - such a great deal and they use Telus' network so the coverage is excellent.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:13:42 AM »
@Brokenreign Glad it was helpful. I have been looking for a couple of months and PM seems to offer the best price for what my DH needs. Was glad to jump on this deal and save a little.

An added benefit is not being on a contract. Prices seem to be going down and I am hopeful that next year prices in general will drop even further and we can take advantage of other deals.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:42:23 AM by elaine amj »

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »
ACK - an even better deal popped up that is valid Nov 26-Dec 2, 2018.
$10 off/mo for 6 months + $25 referral bonus on plans $30/mo and up.

You do have to pay $10 for a SIM and can do this online and activate at home (no need to activate in store). You can stack this with a $25 referral bonus (my referral number: 2263408012 - we each get $25).

Full details are here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-10-off-for-6-months/m-p/299580

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

So if you missed the weekend's deals, they have sweetened the pot further.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:42:57 AM by elaine amj »

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:57 PM »
The current offer is not quite as good as the ones already posted but still very decent if you are looking to switch. If u have very short term needs (say 2 months), it's a decent deal.

From now until Dec 16, we each get a $25 credit when you use a referral to sign up online (my referral number is 2263408012).

Remember, u have to either order the SIM online (allow enough time to deliver befire activation deadline of Dec 16) or pick up at a retailer like WalMart or The Mobile Shop.

E.g. u get the lowest plan of $10/mo (50 mins talk and 50 outgoing texts) and get the $25 credit.
- you would pay $10 for the SIM card
- $10 for Month 1
- use credit for Month 2
- use credit for Month 3
- use $5 credit + pay $5 for Month 4

If you get the $25/mo plan (unlimited talk and unlimited intl text) and get the $25 credit
- pay $10 for SIM card
- pay $25 for Month 1
- use $25 credit for Month 2

If you get the $35/mo plan (1.5GB data + unlimited talk and unlimited intl text) and get the $25 credit
- pay $10 for SIM card
- pay $25 for Month 1
- use $25 credit + pay $10 for Month 2

Here are the details:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-December-16-Get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend-by/m-p/293518

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:33:06 PM by elaine amj »