Author Topic: back massager chair pad thingie - best one?  (Read 1553 times)

gillamnstr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
back massager chair pad thingie - best one?
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
Hi all!

Mr. Me loves back massages. And I was thinking rather than pay someone to give him massages, get him a good chair pad massager. I was looking at Homedics brand (the fancy chairs are thousands of dollars, so I wasn't going to go there). Any recommendations on whether these are any good or worth it?

Thanks!

kaizen soze

• Stubble
Re: back massager chair pad thingie - best one?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
I've owned a Homemedics chair pad massager. It was ok, it got about three months of regular use and then got put away in the closet semi-permanently. I'd find out what your husband likes about getting back massages. If it's that he enjoys the trip to the spa experience, then a chair massager is going to be a poor substitute. If he's dealing with back pain, then he might get some good use out of it. But in my experience, it did little for me to relieve back pain. A simple 15 minute daily stretching routine is what keeps me feeling good. And that's free.

Northern gal

• Bristles
  • Life at the beach shack
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:43:03 AM »
We got one off a nail salon that had gone broke. It was A$200 (they are $5,000 new) since they are heavy and bulky. It takes up a lot of space.

We put it in our sons play area, I used it as nursing chair and sometimes we hold the baby while getting a massage and when we do that baby loves the vibration / patting setting.

It is not the same as getting a real massage. I would not pay full price for it.

bognish

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »
I got a chair pad massage thing from costco a few years ago. It works well, but really only hits your lower/mid back. This fall I got my wife the insta-shiatsu neck & back thing (again from costco). She said its the best present she ever got. It is great for hitting upper shoulders & neck and you can also move it around to other parts of your back. Both of them together is pretty damn good.