Author Topic: Air Mattress recommendations  (Read 2381 times)

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
Air Mattress recommendations
« on: August 05, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
For us, the best choice for a guest situation is an air mattress. We're in the market for a queen sized one. There's one at Costco for $140. Lots of choices on Amazon for around 1/3 that price. Happy to pay a premium for quality and longevity, but not so stoked if it's just marketing.

Any luck with air mattress brands? Thanks so much for your input.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Air Mattress recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
The Costco one, assuming it hasn't changed brands (Aerobed?) is a good one. The best part is that Costco will replace it if there are problems.

My mom bought one over a decade ago and Costco has replaced it twice, and both times the part that failed was improved. Keep your receipt.

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Oooo never thought of that. You're right, Costco does have the amazing return policy. Hmmm, might be quite a mark in its favor. Yes, it's a queen sized aerobed.

IWannaGo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:03 AM »
If you're still looking, I have the Queen Aero from Costco - he one with the built in headboard.  If you can, wait for a sale or coupon.  I recall I got mine in the late fall and it was on sale for $109.  I still have it, been about 3 years, used about a dozen times with no issues, just needs a little air after a few consecutive nights of sleeping, which I feel is reasonable.

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
Right on, IWanna. My brother is coming in a month, and we only make it to Costco about once/month, so we wound up buying the Queen Aero last week for $139. I was pleased to get it that cheap--I put together an internet order for it from the Costco website, and it was $149 + $25 shipping! In Hawaii we often have to pay a premium for shipping. I didn't go through with the order, so finding the bed in store seemed like a real bargain!

Glad to hear it has worked out well. I'm a little self-conscious about having an air mattress for my spendy-pants high-earning brother, but it's the best we can do so I hope it'll be alright.

:)

IWannaGo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »
Right on, IWanna. My brother is coming in a month, and we only make it to Costco about once/month, so we wound up buying the Queen Aero last week for $139. I was pleased to get it that cheap--I put together an internet order for it from the Costco website, and it was $149 + $25 shipping! In Hawaii we often have to pay a premium for shipping. I didn't go through with the order, so finding the bed in store seemed like a real bargain!

Glad to hear it has worked out well. I'm a little self-conscious about having an air mattress for my spendy-pants high-earning brother, but it's the best we can do so I hope it'll be alright.

:)

Keep an eye out for a sale, I have had Costco price adjust for me if an item I bought went on sale within a couple of weeks.  Not their policy, but hopefully you get a nice customer service rep who wants to keep you happy.

As for making it fancypants worthy, nice sheets and a thick mattress cover from a discount store (not topper) make it very very comfy ;-) 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!