Author Topic: 2002 Prius?  (Read 2138 times)

mrsggrowsveg

• Pencil Stache
2002 Prius?
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
I am saving up for a Prius to replace my gas guzzler and I found a one owner higher mileage 2002 Prius that I could already afford and have plenty of money left over.  I know these aren't supposed to be as good as the 2004 or later models, but for a low enough price is it worth it?

El Marinero

• Stubble
Re: 2002 Prius?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »
Pretty hard to answer that without knowing  the price.

I've got a 2004 Prius that I've had since it was new, and it's been good.  The hatchback design adds a lot of utility to the 2004 or later models.  You can sleep in it, or cart home appliances, and I've done both.

Drakmon

• Stubble
Re: 2002 Prius?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:36:57 PM »
Hello,

We originally had a 2002 Prius and now have a 2007 Prius. We would definitely recommend Prius as a car model, but we would warn you about a potential "big battery" issue with that first original model of Prius. Evidently it was an issue just with that first generation of Prii, but our "big battery" bit the dust sooner than we would have liked (right past the 100,000 mile mark, if I remember correctly), and it was so expensive to replace that we just didn't fid it worth it. That does not seem to be true for the 2nd version on up. We have read/heard great things about the longevity of our current battery.

I agree with the poster right before me--it would depend on the price.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!