Author Topic: Transition to Retirement article from Retirement Millionaire Daily  (Read 3975 times)

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
Re: Transition to Retirement article from Retirement Millionaire Daily
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »
I've seen some stuff from Stansberry Research that seems....out there. Though that article definitely makes some sense.

StockBeard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:54:17 PM »
Weird: I plan to pull the plug in a year or two, my wife is Japanese and, I kid you not, she's been complaining about itchy rashes on her neck recently!
uh oh

o2bfree

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:38:21 AM »
I suppose there are variations on this theme, for example when one person retires and the other person feels resentful about still having to do things around the house. My husband retired last summer, and at first I thought I'd be getting a rash still spending half of my Saturday doing household chores. But he got better at noticing things that need to be done and doing them. Now it's on me to consider what he's done and not feel resentful when I see he hasn't done something that I've been noticing, or when I come home and have to cook for myself because dinner's not on the table. That's one thing he's not inclined to do, except for maybe throwing an extra fish patty in the skillet if he's having one. I have to remember that it's his retirement, he earned it, and he's not my house boy with a sole purpose of freeing me from all chores.