Author Topic: Retired people problems (just for fun)  (Read 22942 times)

OutlierinMA

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FIRED!
Re: Retired people problems (just for fun)
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 04:38:10 PM »
I am anticipating this terrible problem after I turn 70 years old, which is still a few years away.   Between my IRA RMD and starting my delayed social security benefits my income is going to be so high I am going to have to pay taxes!

TreeTired - don't know if you've hit 70 yet, but if not do you have any 15% bracket available that you could use to either start withdrawing from your IRA early or convert it to a Roth? This will help reduce your RMD.

-Susan, Former CPA

OutlierinMA

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FIRED!
Re: Retired people problems (just for fun)
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »
I get to drink a third glass of iced tea at lunch, as I don't have to be back at the office in that ridiculous 1hour lunch break.

Especially if they are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_Iced_Tea,    - an idea for my eventual early retirement.  Just once, that will probably be enough.

At the present, it is my custom not to take lunch breaks, as we only get 30minutes, and I refuse to rush food intake.

PTF mostly.

Very good chapter in How to be Idle about rushed lunches. If you haven't read that book I highly recommend it.

"How to be Idle" looks great, Rollins, thank you! I looked it up on Goodreads.com and the comments about the book were especially fun, especially the outraged 1-star reviews, of the "some of us have to work..." variety.